Shimano Speedmaster Reel TSM II FS Potential Purchase...

Started by sundancer, January 01, 2024, 11:55:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sundancer

Good morning All and Happy New Year..

I don't see a method to search (using my phone), this Topic and manually went through 6 pages.....

On the Shimano Speedmaster Reel TSM II FS.  I can't find specs and only spotty reports of 'love' for the Reel. 

I would appreciate any details, how to use, maint advice (will it explode 😉 if I take the wrong Plate off, you know the drill).

As always, thank you.
Steve
Miles to go.....,

thrasher

Good little reel, I grab em up whenever I see one at a good price. I may have been part of the spotty 'love' you read about on the reel  ;D  If I remember correctly there were other sites with info on it when I googled it, not that I'm trying to steer you away from here.

I use mine inshore fishing for snook snapper and the such. The spool shaft may be on the thin side but if you don't pack it with braid and take it offshore kite fishing for sails you should be fine.

I believe Mike's reel repair has schematics and 2nd chance tackle did a great video on the TSM III. Pretty straight forward but there is a small ball bearing in the handle assemble that easily gets lost if not aware before hand.

LanceV

I have the TSM II III IV. Been fishing them since the 80s. Purchased them when I was in my 20s. Did lose that ball one time on the III but was able to find online purchased several of them just in case. Replaced the bearings and drags one time. Been great reels at least for me.

LanceV

The star works like a lever drag. Click all the way back towards you, then turn the dial underneath the star clockwise or away from you a bit then click the star forward one click. Check drag pull. If too tight or loose, turn star back readjust dial and click star one click forward same as a lever drag. Hope this makes sense. Underneath plates pretty straight forward if you have taken apart a shimano star drag. Just be careful of the ball  in the star you will see in the schematic this provide the detents for the star.