Started by sandbar, January 01, 2024, 08:10:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sandbar

Happy New Year!

sandbar

The rest

sandbar

Bryan Young

Very cool. I've never seen an 89A in person before. Reminds me of a larger version of a 140/145/146 squidder.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

sandbar

Quote from: Bryan Young on January 01, 2024, 08:33:50 PMVery cool. I've never seen an 89A in person before. Reminds me of a larger version of a 140/145/146 squidder.

Hello Bryan.

89A is the manual number, not a reel model number.
I have another manual labeled 41B.
It looks virtually identical to this manual. Probably a few differences but I haven't looked that close yet.
Praying for you.
-Steve

BocaSnook1

sandbar,

Thanks again - greatly appreciated.
Happy New Year!

Tad

Gfish

My first Penn reel; the mid-80's Special Senator 114HL, and that catalog. Wonder why the "B" is used?
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

Bryan Young

Quote from: sandbar on January 01, 2024, 10:18:48 PM
Quote from: Bryan Young on January 01, 2024, 08:33:50 PMVery cool. I've never seen an 89A in person before. Reminds me of a larger version of a 140/145/146 squidder.

Hello Bryan.

89A is the manual number, not a reel model number.
I have another manual labeled 41B.
It looks virtually identical to this manual. Probably a few differences but I haven't looked that close yet.
Praying for you.
-Steve

🤦🏽 I take full responsibility for the error or the pain meds or both. 🤷🏽

Cool vintage Manual though.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D