Heddon Heritage 30 schematic

Started by Christopher M Songer, January 02, 2024, 10:35:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Christopher M Songer

Got this is a zip bag as parts. Looking for a schematic. Most likely missing parts but would like to see this before I go any further trying to put it together. Any help and info on this reel appreciated.  I found a You Tube video that is helpful.
Always go forward, never go straight

Christopher M Songer

Followed the You Tube 2-part video, All the parts were there. Very interesting method to make this a true "free Spool" bait caster. Left side plate lever completely disengages the worm gear and line guide. All new to me, found it interesting. 

happyhooker

Good looking reel, and good work on your part to get it back together where it belongs.

Frank

Paul Roberts

Interesting. More than one way to skin a cat.

Gfish

Wow that's pretty cool. So, both the worm gear as well as line guide are disengaged. When you cast in this situation, is the line still running through the guide? Or do you reroute the line outside of the guide?
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

happyhooker

On this AT site, there is a "Heddon Reels" post from 2019 that has several schematics, including one called "Heritage Parts".  Don't know if this will help.

Frank

Christopher M Songer

Gfish, is looks like the line continues through the line guide. Not the most efficient.

Gfish

Yeah, but it still should cast further due to less levelwind-gear friction.
Looks like it has those same spool-shaft bushings as the old Abu Ambassedur's.
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

DougK

good work getting that reel back together, a handsome old Heddon.

I have the Mark IV 3200 which is very similar. Fred posted a schematic for that reel in another thread, see

https://alantani.com/index.php/topic,27254.msg429153.html#msg429153

Fish my 3200 on a splitcane rod, trying to get a pike on it but so far just a bass or so..

gravel bass 2 sm.jpg