"New" reel

Started by Kolbein, January 11, 2024, 10:09:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kolbein

I think I have a diagnosis.. cant help myself, when i see a reel for sale 😅😅

Senator 6/0 40usd.. looks ok
Norwegian Noob

Bill B

I would buy every 6/0 I could for $40. That reel is a winch Greta for hauling bottom dwellers to the surface.  Looks li,e it has the 1 piece bronze spool.  Fill it with 80# mono, new carbon fiber drags, and upgrade the handle and your good to go.

Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

Bryan Young

That's a nice looking reel. If you are planning to fish it, I did make a 7 + 1 drag kit for that reel. It'll Give you more than enough stopping power necessary for that reel and fish plan to catch.  You may get the drug kit from mysticreelparts.com.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Kolbein

Quote from: Bill B on January 11, 2024, 10:29:32 PMI would buy every 6/0 I could for $40. That reel is a winch Greta for hauling bottom dwellers to the surface.  Looks li,e it has the 1 piece bronze spool.  Fill it with 80# mono, new carbon fiber drags, and upgrade the handle and your good to go.

Bill

Thanks for the tip🙂
Norwegian Noob

Kolbein

Quote from: Bryan Young on January 11, 2024, 10:37:30 PMThat's a nice looking reel. If you are planning to fish it, I did make a 7 + 1 drag kit for that reel. It'll Give you more than enough stopping power necessary for that reel and fish plan to catch.  You may get the drug kit from mysticreelparts.com.

Thanks 🙂🙂 ill check that out 🙂
Norwegian Noob

Bryan Young

:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Reeltyme

The perfect go to reel for grouper around here. 40+ years and they haven't found anything better! That's a beauty.

thorhammer

For darn certain, nothing you will find new in 2024 for 40 bucks that won't get an arse whipping from that reel.

Kolbein

Thanks guys. This reel, will be fished. Just need some new rods ;)
Norwegian Noob

OhReely

Kolbein,
+++ Congratulations.
Looks like you caught Senatoritis since you joined. It's a chronic condition, only known treatment is more reels with upgrade therapy between reels. New rod anxiety? I know the feeling well. It's a symptom, like an itch you can never scratch.

Kolbein

Quote from: OhReely on January 12, 2024, 05:41:02 PMKolbein,
+++ Congratulations.
Looks like you caught Senatoritis since you joined. It's a chronic condition, only known treatment is more reels with upgrade therapy between reels. New rod anxiety? I know the feeling well. It's a symptom, like an itch you can never scratch.

I think you might be correct. Could also be pennitis (i have 2x209's , one 85 and one 78 in the mail) (And one abu ambassadeur 6500c, and a rocket reel sceleton kit on the way ) 😅😅😅 illnes for sure 😉😉
Norwegian Noob

OhReely

I do believe you are correct. Acute Pennitis, easily mistaken for the less serious Senatoritis when the early symptoms are only Senators. Oh well may you never get well. Until you have them all.