Gonna need a bigger rack

Started by JasonGotaProblem, January 13, 2024, 04:19:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasonGotaProblem

More than I need, less than I want.
Any machine is a smoke machine if you use it wrong enough.

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

JasonGotaProblem

That's not the collection those are the ones I fish with.

Cor

Just short of double what I have here, I can forward you my wife's recommendation but it probably won't be appreciated here ;D

Sell the ones you don't like and replace with new ones if you enjoy building them.
Cornelis

funhog

I had a similar problem along with my wife saying there is no more room on the garage floor for a larger rack or any more rods. So I mounted the racks on the garage ceiling . Now they are "out of sight & out of mind " and, Ive increased the inventory a little which she hasn't noticed. 

JasonGotaProblem

Quote from: funhog on January 13, 2024, 02:53:05 PMI had a similar problem along with my wife saying there is no more room on the garage floor for a larger rack or any more rods. So I mounted the racks on the garage ceiling . Now they are "out of sight & out of mind " and, Ive increased the inventory a little which she hasn't noticed. 
I may end up doing something similar, but my garage ceiling has a ton of lights and I already have 2 kayaks hanging up there.

I previously extended my rod rack with a survey stake when 3 segments proved not to be enough. I just put my shorter rods on the outer section so they clear the garage door.

steelfish

Jason, thats a regular problem of the regular members of the ohana guys  at.com
The Baja Guy

foakes

Over the last (3) years of transitioning to just working on quality spinning reels (after working on everything that came across the benches) —- I have been steadily getting rid of reels, rods, etc..

Down to about half of the rods I used to have.  Lots more to go away.

Sent out (2) large truckloads of parts to dealers.

Just purchased another shop's inventory of DAM Quick parts.

About 15,000 to be added to the 350,000 already in inventory.

This is not counting the Mitchell, Penn, and ABU/Zebco Cardinal stuff.

Can't wait to get rid of another couple of truckloads.

Here is a way to store rods.

Best, Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Cor

Fred, you must have more parts then the agents as they keep near to zero stock to my utter frustration.
Cornelis

jurelometer

I am a believer in vertical storage, just to be safe.  I really like this system.  A very quick project . I made a bunch  on a CNC router, but you can do pretty much the same with just some plywood, a circular saw and a hole saw.  Cut, clamp two layers together to drill the holes, and you are almost done.  If you have a pocket screw system like the Kreg, even better. You can make the hole density as tight as you want. 

The racks  are easy to move around (even horizontally) without the rods falling all over. I stack them a couple deep in whatever room in the house is not currently under surveillance.

-J

Jim Fujitani

My valuable (long range and fly) rods are kept in their socks; and then four or five of similar length are stored in 6" or 8" diameter PVC pipes, in the garage.  Out of sight, out of mind of the 'warden'. 

And my reels are kept in their wraps, covers, and bags; and stored in storage bins in the garage, and again "out of sight, out of mind of the 'warden'.