Marble Bar Temperature.

Started by Donnyboat, January 16, 2024, 03:23:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Donnyboat

Whyle most of you in the Northern hemisphere are shoveling snow, we are in the middle of summer down under.
     I have mentioned Marble Bar before as one of the hottest areas in Australia.
     Well it almost broke its record, for  the most consecutive days over 43 C, the record is 26 days straight, well yesterday the 27th day, it actually cooled down to 42.5, so the old record still stands.
     I think Marble Bar holds the record for the most consecutive days over 37 C, i think it is 170 day straight. cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

day0ne

What's that in real temperature?
David

"Lately it occurs to me: What a long, strange trip it's been." - R. Hunter

Donnyboat

Tanks David, Celsius is real temperature, ha haa, 43 double it = 86 then add 30 n your quite close 116 F, I think that is close to your question, keep well cheers Don, n leave some fish in the water for me.
Don, or donnyboat

JasonGotaProblem

T(c)×(5/9)+32=T(f)

So 43°C = 109°F which is nothing to sneeze at
Any machine is a smoke machine if you use it wrong enough.

Squidder Bidder

I'm looking out my window at a fresh couple of inches of snow, with a dusting on the trees, delaying the inevitable task of cleaning the snow from my vehicle.

JasonGotaProblem

70°F here right now. Great winter.
Any machine is a smoke machine if you use it wrong enough.

Crow

Well, I'd take some of that heat, about now!  On Dauphin Island, Alabama, it's 35 degrees (F), at noon....with the sun shinning! That's pretty darn cool, for this part of the world!!
There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

Crab Pot

Quote from: JasonGotaProblem on January 16, 2024, 12:24:32 PMT(c)×(5/9)+32=T(f)

Damn Jason, my head just exploded...

Donnt,

I was in Perth prior to the America's Cup races curtesy of Uncle Sam.

It was your winter very cold and windy.

Buy it nice or buy it twice.

Donnyboat

Yes Mr Pot, our winters, as we are on the west coast, most of our rain comes across the indian ocean from South Africa, but throu the summer, we get a South West wind in the afternoons, referd to as the Fremantle doctor, that cools the city down, as that wind crosses the wide part of the swan river, just S/W of Perth. cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat