Ranger Jigging fishing rod

Started by steelfish, January 16, 2024, 07:57:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steelfish

Special order from a customer as a gift for one of his close friends.

He just send me two images of the rangers regiment shield/logos used by his friend and told me use the colors at your will just use the logo ranger shield, his name, etc.
Blank Rainshadow jigging RCKJB 700-400 7ft  40-70lb 9-14oz which was cut to 6.6 by customer order.
The Baja Guy

redsetta

Beautiful work Alex - as always.
Thanks for sharing.
Hope all's well with you and yours.
Cheers, Justin
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

Swami805

Do what you can with that you have where you are

steelfish

Quote from: redsetta on January 16, 2024, 08:02:47 PMBeautiful work Alex - as always.
Thanks for sharing.
Hope all's well with you and yours.
Cheers, Justin

everything is going well Justin, thanks

The Baja Guy

gstours

Alex,  you know how make and show custom made.....  Your work is very good as well as the photos.  Kudos. ;)

JasonGotaProblem

Fuji LC stripper guide but not backward? Looks like MN guides for the rest?

Looks great. Like, really great. Thanks for posting the rods section has slowed down a bit lately.
Any machine is a smoke machine if you use it wrong enough.

steelfish

Quote from: JasonGotaProblem on January 17, 2024, 12:46:17 AMFuji LC stripper guide but not backward? Looks like MN guides for the rest?

it wasn't necessary to put it backwards, as you can see the stripper guide is also not that close to the foregrip, the blank is for a vertical jigging rod but on my lift tests to find the guide spacing I found out this blank is not that bendy/flexible so, no need to put the LC guide close the to foregrip or backwards to keep the line from touching the foregrip, I was going to install a 25 MN or 20 MN guide as stripper because of the that same reason but decided on the 16LC for keeping the line still high and centered while fighting a fish with the smaller eye of the stripper guide.

The Baja Guy

Hardy Boy

Another WOW! I need to get you a blank to tie up. Good work.

Cheers

Todd
Todd

thorhammer

Excellent. Your work keeps getting more refined.