Naruto the ninja jigging rod

Started by steelfish, January 19, 2024, 07:04:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steelfish

This one is for my personal arsenal, the blank is a UC Zeus 3, fuji reel seat, LC fuji guides and KW guides as runners, the theme of the fishing is pretty discrete LOL, its a fishing rod I will normally use but my youngest daughter asked me to build it after that Anime (to tell the truth I saw the whole Naruto anime series on the pandemic days and it was surprisedly good), the idea was to put as much images and characters of the anime on the fishing rod and try to blend them with the thread colors, just like the Mario Bros fishing rod. https://alantani.com/index.php/topic,31101.0.html

I hope you guys like it, I do liked it and now I looking forward to using it!

there are a lot of pictures so, you can see all of it
The Baja Guy

steelfish

bit more  :D  :D  ;D  ;D

The Baja Guy

Hardy Boy

Great work. I like the colour. No one will mistake the rod for theirs.

Cheers

Todd

Todd

steelfish

Quote from: Hardy Boy on January 19, 2024, 08:12:41 PMGreat work. I like the colour. No one will mistake the rod for theirs.

Cheers

Todd

That the 1st thing many guys told me when they receive their rods too
The Baja Guy

reelynew

That rod looks great. I hope it brings you a lot of good memories.
I fish because the voices in my head tell me to.

the rockfish ninja

Sweet custom piece you made there, great job!!

That thing would demand a good price in Japan, they really are in love with goods made over here.

(ad from Japan tackle shop)
Deadly Sebastes assassin.

steelfish

Quote from: the rockfish ninja on January 21, 2024, 12:04:53 AMSweet custom piece you made there, great job!!

That thing would demand a good price in Japan, they really are in love with goods made over here.

where can apply to sell my rods in japan?  ;D

talking about Japan they are in love with that anime, they have regular/transportation trains painted after Naruto anime
The Baja Guy

the rockfish ninja

Quote from: steelfish on January 22, 2024, 05:52:36 PM
Quote from: the rockfish ninja on January 21, 2024, 12:04:53 AMSweet custom piece you made there, great job!!

where can apply to sell my rods in japan?  ;D

talking about Japan they are in love with that anime, they have regular/transportation trains painted after Naruto anime

I know, I've been there twice, even grown adults are in love with Manga comics and read them every day on those same commuter trains.

I bet if you posted up those pics on eBay Japan even with an overly inflated price it would sell in a heartbeat. You would just have to deal with overseas shipping.
Deadly Sebastes assassin.

boon

Love the theming and the threadwork.

The guide layout looks familiar too  :d
I hope it serves you very well.

steelfish

Quote from: boon on January 22, 2024, 11:40:45 PMThe guide layout looks familiar too  :d

thanks amigo, looking forward to try it and check if I liked it more than the "regular" acid wrap USA style, I might re-wrap my other acid wrapped rods but lets check this one up first.

The Baja Guy

gstours

Thanks for showing us your recent work.  Your ideas and art with colors take you to a new level.  Truly custom with love and unknown hours of getting it right.    :d

ExcessiveAngler

Wow, there's a lot going on, on that rod!
Beautiful job Alex! You really take those graphics, with that matched thread work to the next level! Must be goin for some bruisers with that spiral wrap, definitely looks like a fighting machine.
Gotta ask, if you don't mind?
How many hours you got on that build?

jtwill98

Great looking rod, my grandson would love it.

When I see the rod guide wrapping on these custom built rods, it takes me back to my electronic days as a technician where I see electronic resistors.

Four band orange-orange-yellow-gold resistor would be if I remember correctly something like 330K ohms. 

oldmanjoe

:)  :)  :) You have talent,very well done ...
Grandpa`s words of wisdom......Joey that thing between your shoulders is not a hat rack.....    use it.....
A mind is like a parachute, it only work`s  when it is open.......
The power of Observation   , It`s all about the Details ..
 Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.   Alto Mare

steelfish

Quote from: gstours on January 25, 2024, 12:36:25 AMThanks for showing us your recent work.  Your ideas and art with colors take you to a new level.  Truly custom with love and unknown hours of getting it right.    :d

really appreciate your words Gary, I wish I could be able to test it on your waters
The Baja Guy