Penn Troque 200

Started by kr1985, March 11, 2012, 09:36:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kr1985

Ok everyone I have a few question that have been keeping me up at night.

I just serviced my trq200. Put tsi-321 in the spool bearings. I get about 13 seconds of free spool. Compared to what you have seen with your reels is this above or below average?

When I do the free spool test I feel some very very slight roughness. For the most part it is smooth but randomly there will be some super soft roughness felt. The bearings visually looked good when I disassembled and cleaned. Time to get new bearings? Are ceramic bearings worth it?

Squirmypug

You should be able to get more than 13 seconds. Do you have line on your reel?
I'm not talkin' 'bout pleasure boatin' or day sailin'. I'm talkin' 'bout workin' for a livin'. I'm talkin' 'bout sharkin'!

john2244

I checked the free spool time on my Torque 25 with 1/3 spool of spectra and got 35 seconds.  This reel is near new and only fished one trip.
John

Bryan Young

If bearings are rough, you will need new bearings, but should not slow down your reel that much.  It might be that you have some grease between the spool and frame.  Try opening up the reel and wipe off spool and frame of excess grease so that there is a very think film, and try spinning the spool again.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

alantani

you should have a disengaging spool and it should spin like crazy.  the bearings have to be opened and cleaned out, and THEN lubed.  is that what happened?
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

kr1985

O yea I opened the bearings hit them with a ton of carb cleaneer blasted them out with compressed air. They were spotless before I put the TSI-321 in. Yes I do have line on the spool. I am going to investigate this grease between spool and frame. I have been adjusting that knob on the side but it still does not give me much more free spool time when I loosen it all the way. It hard to explain the bearing roughness. It is the slightest little random rumble when its spinning. Only way I can explain it really. Would grease in the seats where the spool shafts sit really slow me down that much?

alantani

check for damage to the tiny bearing on the right side of the spool. it is key # 55B.

https://www.mysticparts.com/Assets/images/pennparts/schematics/trq200.pdf

"Edited as per Moderators to correct Scott's Bait & Tackle over to their new store name Mystic Reel Parts / www.mysticparts.com"
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!