Cortez Conversions Custom Penn Reels

Started by Maxed Out, January 21, 2024, 08:05:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maxed Out

Huge shout out to Tom for his amazing creations that give us all the endless options to upgrade our reels to modern day works of art. Tom is the master of modern day form and function. Proof is always in the pudding.

I still have a few more builds to complete, but here are a few that are ready to fish. Silver jigmaster 500, and how bout the sexiest 500s ever !! Oh, and can't leave out my beloved albacore special 99 jigmasters...

Tom is the dream weaver unlike no other !!
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Hardy Boy

Todd

ReelFishingProblems

Tom always comes through! I have a T4NI (113H XN), squidder XN, and now building an ice blue 99 with Tom's spacers, reel seats, plates, and acrylic artwork handle. They are all perfect reels. I'll post pictures of the new 99 build soon

Nick

Brewcrafter

Bryan Young

Great looking reels you got there Ted.  You are definitely the dream maker with Tom as the dream creator. Between the two of you, customized reels would not be where it is today and tomorrow.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

thorhammer

ReelFishingProblems

What the folks on this site do for us is beyond amazing. More addictive than drugs.

Adjusted the colors to try and match the reels appearance in reel life.

Nick

Rocket Dog

Quote from: ReelFishingProblems on January 25, 2024, 12:59:54 AMWhat the folks on this site do for us is beyond amazing. More addictive than drugs.

Adjusted the colors to try and match the reels appearance in reel life.

Nick

wow...that is one beautiful reel!

Maxed Out

Nicks ice blue 99 build inspired me to build another Cortez 99.

Huge shout out to Tom for making our dreams into reality. I'm still pinching myself to make sure it's not just a dream !!
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Brewcrafter

JasonGotaProblem

Ok I guess we're doing this
Any machine is a smoke machine if you use it wrong enough.

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Thank you Tom for building my favorite reel!

ReelFishingProblems

Quote from: Vintage Offshore Tackle on January 30, 2024, 06:11:08 AMThank you Tom for building my favorite reel!

Randy,
that cannot be a reel, it must be for laying undersea cables. It's HUUUUGE!

I love those reels.

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Quote from: ReelFishingProblems on January 30, 2024, 06:33:41 AM
Quote from: Vintage Offshore Tackle on January 30, 2024, 06:11:08 AMThank you Tom for building my favorite reel!

Randy,
that cannot be a reel, it must be for laying undersea cables. It's HUUUUGE!

I love those reels.

Thank you Nick!

Rogero

I really like Tom's products! I've beefed up both of my US Senators with his bridge upgrade. His design is perfect! Ive also upgraded the sleeves of both of my 4/0 Senators with his stainless steel sleeves. I also got his sleeve for the Daiwa Sealine 450H, but I havent installed it yet because I need to get the drag issue figured out.

I definitely plan on being a repeat customer. His machining skills are just amazing. I showed some of the guys at my job his work (these are guys who work on cars and motorcycles in their free time), and they were really impressed. I disassembled the stock reel in front of them and compared the upgraded bridge with the stock bridge to show them the exact part that Tom improved upon. They were really impressed.

I definitely have a small number of reels that need to be Cortez Converted!