Ryan's 6-pack charter to mag bay!!!

Started by alantani, January 23, 2024, 05:28:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alantani

many of you should remember ryan.  i just spoke to him and he is trying to put together a trip to mag bay.  i already have a schedule conflict so i can't make it, but i have all the info here in case any of you are.  it looks like a really interesting trip. 

QuoteRyan Wood

ryan.e.wood.1@gmail.com
To:
Alan Tani

Mon, Jan 22 at 8:34 PM

I am putting together a charter on the 60' success out of San Carlos, BCS. Trip will be fishing the range of the ridge and the lower banks as time permits for wahoo, schoolie and large yellowfin tuna. We will be flying into Loreto (Direct flights from LAX on Alaska with options for connections, or from DFW/PHX on American) on Sunday November 17th and flying home on either the 21st, 22nd, or 23rd. Van transport from Loreto to San Carlos is included (2.5 hour van ride). The boat will depart the evening of the 17th from San Carlos and fish the entirety of the following days, returning to the dock on the morning of the 21st/22nd/23rd (depending on trip duration) and flying home the same day.

The plan will be to fish both the "trophy" lower banks as well as the wahoo/schoolie yellowfins on the ridge. We will be fishing the same grounds as an 8 or 10 day trip out of San diego on a smaller boat at a fraction of the travel time. Capt. Cary will provide the majority of the rods/reels/tackle but has asked us to bring a token amount of jigs/wahoo bombs/trolling lures. Food and bedding will be provided and included in the price. 50 lbs of vacuum-sealed fillets are included, additional fillets at $1 per lb.

Cost will be $3060+tip/airfare for the 3.5 day, $3775+ tip/airfare for the 4.5 day, limited to 6 passengers. If there is interest and availability, a 5.5 day would be $4490+tip/airfare. The boat is set up to accommodate 12 people, so 6 passengers should be plenty of room. I will be collecting a 50% deposit to secure your spot. I will be paying the same fare as everyone else.

Depending on flight schedules there may be an option to extend an additional day for panga-based bottom fishing, ect. This would not be included in the above-quoted cost.

Here is a link for those interested:

https://successsportfishing.com/boat-specs/
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Ryan W

Thanks Alan! Anyone interested pls feel free to reach out here with any questions, you can also email me at ryan.e.wood.1 (at) gmail (dot) com and  I can send more details and we can chat

Ryan W

Plans have finalized and we are looking at Nov 17th thru the 21st for a 3.5 day trip at $3060 per person. Still have 3 spots left, please reach out if you are interested!

Ryan W

Still got 3 spots, will be $3090 per person including all fuel surcharges. Only additional costs will be token amount of tackle, tip and airfare. Pls reach out if you are interested!