Daiwa Mini Mite - silent anti-reverse or not

Started by Wilmar, January 24, 2024, 01:20:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wilmar

Hey all,

Does anyone know if the daiwa mini mites have a silent antireverse or not?  I just invested in a couple of mini mites.

Thanks,  Chip

foakes

Quote from: Wilmar on January 24, 2024, 01:20:04 AMHey all,

Does anyone know if the daiwa mini mites have a silent antireverse or not?  I just invested in a couple of mini mites.

Thanks,  Chip

Hi Chip —-

The Daiwa Mini-Mites in gold are not silent A/R's.

They are a very good quality all metal Microlite reel with a skirted spool & 3 ball bearings.

Strong, clever spring-loaded fold down crank.

They are excellent to fish.

Circa about 1978.

I have a few.  And they are manufactured in Japan!  High quality.

Before Keith passed on, he wanted one of these for himself — and couldn't find one.  So I sent him one of mine.  When a Pro's Pro like Keith wanted one of these — we all know the quality is there.

The tiny silver 500C's are a little smaller — but still all metal, skirted spools, etc..

The difference in the Silver & gold series of these long discontinued Tiny Daiwas is that the gold have ball bearings — and the silver's have nylon bushings.

However, most folks do not know that the (3) bushings can be replaced with (3) ball bearings.  No modifications needed.  Just a drop-in upgrade.

Best, Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Wilmar

Thanks much Fred, I know what to expect now. 
Chip