Okuma parts in Europe ?

Started by Drisse, February 02, 2024, 12:54:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drisse

Hi!

I wonder if anyone knows if it's possible to buy Okuma reelparts somewhere in Europe? I tried to ask on the US Okuma site, but I only get directed to the swedish Okuma distributor. And I can't buy directly from them as a private person. Everything has to go through a retailer store.

I need a clutch cam and a screw for a Okuma Cortez CZ10-CS.

Regards!

alantani

if all else fails, let me know the part numbers with a link to a schematic, and your mailing address, and i'll get you the parts. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Robert Janssen

Yes. Or, maybe.
I live in Sweden, I have a company, I understand the problem and I can help.

BUT

I have heard this tale before. I feel like whats gonna happen is, a thousand emails and re-directs, a guy who doesn't know, another guy who orders stuff from Taiwan, a thousand years go by, someone in Corporate Hassle Department decides they need to establish my credibility to join their VIP Chosen One program, stuff arrives with a far-too-large bill attached.

It might be so much easier for someone in the States to just order the stuff and pop it into an envelope and send to you. One of the forum members here works at Okuma service in Ontario, California if I recall correctly.

HOWEVER i may be mistaken. Maybe the Swedes / Finns are super easy to deal with. Who knows.

PM me the details, and I'll have a look.

Drisse

Thanks Alan, I will see if I get it sorted !

I just think their system here in Scandinavia is so stupid. You can't send in your reel or buy parts as a private person. It has to go through a retailer store.

In my area most of the small local shops are gone. The nearest shop is a Fladenstore, so no help there. So I wonder how it will be in the future when only the big shops far away from me are left. First send the reel to them by post and then they have to send it to Okuma, Shimano or what brand it is?

I got in contact with the Okuma distributor. The answer was that their parts warehouse was located in Estland. Don't know what they meant? If it was like we don't have any parts in Sweden ?

I really love Abu. Only a phonecall away and you get help and parts. Quality customerservice !

Drisse

Thanks Robert!

It just bothers me that for ex. Okuma and Shimano here in Scandinavia have so crappy customerservice. It feels wrong when you have to reach out to other privatepersons and internetfriends and they have to take their time to help you.

It would be a lot easier to repair reels if you didn't have to struggle to get parts. Last time it was Shimano. A nice guy from UK helped me out with the parts since I couldn't buy from Shimano here in Sweden.

But Okuma..... Could they have anything in for ex. Germany ?

Robert Janssen

Like I said, PM me the details and I'll give them a shot.

MexicanGulf

I don't know if I may be violating some forum rules with this comment, but I live in Europe and I had the same problem. Okuma parts cannot be found in Europe, I solved the problem thanks to one email sent to Sergey from the Charkbait shop. He is very considerate to international customers.