i just had to try it

Started by Hankzudd, February 03, 2024, 12:50:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hankzudd

i looking to adapt this newish spinning reel handle onto an 550SS handle; hardest part is going to be tapping & threading for a small 4/40 screw; think i can do it

what kind of washers (teflon?) can i use between the rubber part of the handle & the aluminum shaft? would probably use two, at least

thanks, i know you guys have done worse,,,, 8)

Hamachi

Good luck going down that rabbit hole! Lol! Honestly, I've spent endless hours researching replacement spindles and they make it almost impossible to find a correct one to use for a specific knob. Take the knob off, measure the spindle and find a replacement, repair part. If you can devise a rivet spinner type tool, you could possibly attach that spindle to the handle easily. I don't think teflon is necessary as the base of the spindle would take care of that. First you have to carefully drill out the handle, just remember the aluminum arm is a lot softer than stainless spindle. Start small and keep it centered using a larger and larger drill bit until the broken spindle comes out. Next find, fabricate stainless washer to fit over spindle end after inserting through handle arm. Now a rivet spinning tool needs to be made. I would try drilling the tip out of an appropriate size Allen bolt to create it. Mount it in a drill motor and you're all set. Good luck.
The rail is your friend, no zing pow, on the iron wenches, I like broccoli!

Gfish

Success or failure, it should be a good learning experience.
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!