The Norseman 110 Made in Sweden

Started by sandbar, February 07, 2024, 11:18:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sandbar

These reels have intrigued me for a few years. They look very cool and well built.
I guess it's possible ABU produced them for South Bend early on. Production eventually moved to Japan.
Does anybody out there have any experience with these? There is a rubber part called the brake ring that concerns me. Rubber is like a cake mix and can be high quality or low quality depending on the ingredients. I wonder if they stood the test of time.

-Steve

happyhooker

No first-hand experience with this reel.  Spincasters with an oscillation feature are relatively uncommon, and would usually be considered a premium feature.

Rubber snubbers on spincast reels are often seen, with some having better longevity than others.  Lots of DIY fixes out there for those rings that go bad.

Frank

BocaSnook1

Thanks again sandbar - looks like a cool reel!

Tad

Robert Janssen

Super cool brochure.
Still not impossible that ABU was involved somewhere, but this reel is known to be the Victory Deluxe, made by Victory reels in Malmö from '59 to '61, according to Dan's book, and general Swedish reel nerds.

foakes

Hi Steve —-

Appreciate all you do to list and download these brochures for our members.

If you don't have one of these Norseman 110's —- here is a very lightly used one with a box, inserts, and a brochure.

Reads Made in Sweden on the foot.

If you would like it, just let me know.

N/C, and I will cover the Priority Shipping cost.

It is certainly a heavy duty and well made reel with some unique features.

Best, Fred

The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

sandbar

I would love to have it Fred.
Thank you for the reel and the encouragement.
-Steve

foakes

I will send it out tomorrow, Steve —-

Thank You,

Best, Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Gfish

Good on ya Fred! Those are not very common on the oldies market and are relatively expensive.
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!