LOOKING FOR A PENN SENATOR RED SPOOL FOR 114HL

Started by Dominick, March 13, 2012, 04:39:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dominick

Quote from: Makule on March 19, 2012, 03:43:24 AM
Dom, hope it was you who got it.  Just happened to stumble upon it when I was looking for a cheap 114hl to modify.

BTW, are the red spool reels all anniversary?  Anything special about the anniversary models?
Makule:  Of course there is something special about a red spool.  Like anything else about this stuff.  I want it so it's special.  Got it?  ;D.  As far as anniversary special, Sal says it is and I have heard it mentioned elsewhere.  
          Well here is the rest of the story.  That spool was up for sale a several weeks ago.  I spotted it with 15 minutes to go.  I should have bought it then, but I went looking for a decent 114HL.  I did not find one so I let the sale lapse (no takers).  I figured since no one purchased it it would be back.  I ended up buying a really nice 114HL with the only corrosion on the aluminum crossed braces.  I undertook a search everyday for a red spool and the red spool did not come back on so I posted this thread.  Sal being the kind of guy he is said that if the red spool was for me that he had one and would send it to me and if I ever come across one I could replace it.  He later emailed me and said don't worry aobut a replacement.  Well your post came up and I looked at and it was the same one I had passed up.  So I now have Sal's coming in the mail and the one from Ebay.  I'll send one of them back to Sal.  I know Sal does not want me to be telling everyone what a great guy he is because of his extreme humility.  ;)  Sally you are the best.  :-* Now you know the rest of the story.  Great people on this site.  :)  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Makule

Glad you got the spool and Sal gets his back.  Good to keep things in the "family" so they can be shared with others.

So, aside from the red spool, what else is special about those anniversary models?  From the outside (except the red spool) it looks the same.  Anything different about the guts?
I used to be in a constant state of improvement.  Now I'm in a constant state of renovation.

Dominick

Quote from: Makule on March 19, 2012, 04:38:59 AM
Glad you got the spool and Sal gets his back.  Good to keep things in the "family" so they can be shared with others.

So, aside from the red spool, what else is special about those anniversary models?  From the outside (except the red spool) it looks the same.  Anything different about the guts?
No nothing different but as you are following some of the other posts there is a move to get stainless steel gears for it.  I am also going to double dog it and will replace the gear with SS when and if Pescadore Pete comes through.  I think enough interest has been generated so someones got to scratch the itch.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Keta

Quote from: Pescachaser on March 19, 2012, 04:21:01 AM
 I know Sal does not want me to be telling everyone what a great guy he is because of his extreme humility.  ;)  Sally you are the best.  :-* Now you know the rest of the story.  Great people on this site.  :)  Dominick

It looks like I have to get a 114H now ;D.

Sal (and others) is a tough guy to "get even with" and the reason why I built the first run of SS 114H dogs.  The crew here is #1.

The material for the 113H and 114H dogs is at the cutter waiting for him to get the time to cut them, he's actually busy and I hope it's an indication the economy is improving.  

I picked up a 500S with a nice red spool a while back and thought nothing about it until I learned what I had here.

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

redsetta

QuoteThe crew here is #1...
Couldn't agree more.
Cheers lads, Justin
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer