LOOKING FOR A PENN SENATOR RED SPOOL FOR 114HL

Started by Dominick, March 13, 2012, 04:39:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dominick

Anyone know where I can get a red spool for my 114HL?  I've been watching ebay.  If anyone has one laying around, I would like to purchase it.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Bryan Young

Sal, Dominick is trying to be like you...Tank Creator!
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Alto Mare

Domenico, you're migrating into my territory....what's up with that!
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Dominick

Quote from: Alto Mare on March 13, 2012, 01:03:51 PM
I swear this will be my last rebuild.  Dominick

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Bryan Young

Quote from: Pescachaser on March 14, 2012, 12:22:03 AM
Yup, until the next. ;D
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Alto Mare

Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Alto Mare

Dominick, check your PM every now and then. Sal

day0ne

David

"Lately it occurs to me: What a long, strange trip it's been." - R. Hunter

Makule

Today, I saw two 113H reels in the pawn shop that had red spools.  I looked all over trying to find any indication that they were special (E.G., anniversary models) but could find nothing.  They were both in reasonable condition, and selling for $85 (but could probably have been dickered down somewhat).  Was I actually looking at the anniversary models, and what would they be worth?  Honestly, I don't have an interest in them myself (I'm really not a collector per se, and just look at reels as tools to be used), but if someone here were interested, I would certainly be willing to help broker a deal (no fees for me, just good will).

I also saw a 114H in another shop that had two different side plates (one red and one maroon).  It was listed for $48 since "the drag doesn't lock down".  Had the one-piece cast bronze spool.  If it had the aluminum spool I might have tried to get it at a reduced price (although I probably would have bitten at $48 after some hard bargaining), but just passed after looking at it.
I used to be in a constant state of improvement.  Now I'm in a constant state of renovation.

Dominick

Quote from: day0ne on March 15, 2012, 04:07:54 AM
Quote from: Pescachaser on March 13, 2012, 04:39:07 AM
Anyone know where I can get a red spool for my 114HL?  I've been watching ebay.  If anyone has one laying around, I would like to purchase it.  Dominick

Have you looked at this one?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Penn-Senator-114-H-Conventional-Big-Game-Reel-w-Tiburon-P60-Frame-made-in-USA-/180835515951?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a1aa2fe2f
Dayone, thanks for the information.  I am not a fan of tiburon and won't spend the money for the frame.  Dominick

Makule

I used to be in a constant state of improvement.  Now I'm in a constant state of renovation.

Dominick

Norcal Pescador

Quote from: Pescachaser on March 14, 2012, 12:22:03 AM

Uh-huh. Yeah, I believe you. ::)

You pegged it, Bryan, until the next one. ;)
Rob

Measure once, cut twice. Or is it the other way around? ::)

"A good man knows his limits." - Inspector Harry Callahan, SFPD

Makule

Dom, hope it was you who got it.  Just happened to stumble upon it when I was looking for a cheap 114hl to modify.

BTW, are the red spool reels all anniversary?  Anything special about the anniversary models?