Penn 349's

Started by Badhabit, May 15, 2009, 03:24:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dominick

Quote from: alantani on June 25, 2012, 08:27:32 AM
my apologies to badhabit.  he is one of the guys that was accidentally deleted!  it would be nice to get everyone back on board.   :-\

Alan:  Maybe you should reconsider, everyone wants to get rid of a bad habit.   ;D  Just kidding bad habit.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Dominick

Quote from: redsetta on June 21, 2012, 10:25:19 PM
Fitted mine this morning, with the bellevilles oriented as Lee mentions above.
The outcome? Perfect... ;) ;D
Thanks Lee - much appreciated.
Cheers, Justin

Same here.  Thanks Lee good work.   :-* Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

alantani

hey, does anyone know badhabit?  his account was accidentally deleted and i want to get him signed up again.
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Alto Mare

Did his name have something to do with it? ;D
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Alto Mare

Can any of you gentlemen send me some measurements on the pinion gear for this reel? I found a couple of unmarked pinion gears and since they're discontinued, it might be a good idea for me to check them out. Thanks! Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

redsetta

I have an HC (3.25:1) pinion I can measure tonight, if it'd be useful.
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

Alto Mare

Thanks Justin, just don't take that reel apart if you don't have to. This is actually for you guys. I have a few 49's, but no 349's. As I mentioned, I'm not sure on what I have. If they happen to be for the 349's and since they're hard to get, I'll be happy to send them to whomever might need them, but keep in mind that I only have a couple.

Keta

I have a pinion I can measure in the morning.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Keta

Here's what the one I have measures,
15T
H  .592"
OD .522"
ID .216"

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

redsetta

Sorry Sal, got sidetracked last night on a couple of troublesome BTR6500s.
Will get the measurements tonight.
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

Alto Mare

No worries Justin.

Lee, thanks for the measurements, mine don't match
This is what I have
H .592
OD .648...on the teeth
ID .210

My pinion looks just like the 13-117, only smaller. Does yours look the same?
I hate unmarked parts.
Thanks guys!

Keta

The 349H gear has a support ring, the one you have sounds like a 349 gear.  How many teeth?

Mark Twain

Alto Mare

Keta

The gear I have that I THINK is a 349 pinion is,
19T
H .596"  (close to .592")
OD .650" (close enough to .648")
ID .217"  (.007 is not that close but you might have measured off a burr)

Mark Twain

George4741

Sal, I'm sure you have a 349 (not "H") pinion gear.  Here are the measurements for my 349 pinion gear.  

H   .595
OD .648
ID  .217

And while we're at it, the groove for the yoke measures .436.  The diameter of the end that doesn't have teeth, the end that engages the spool is .499.  It DOES look like a smaller version of the 13-117 gear.

BTW do you have any other 349 parts?

viurem lliures o morirem