Penn 349's

Started by Badhabit, May 15, 2009, 03:24:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alasgun and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Alto Mare

It doesn't get any closer than that, thanks George.
I only have a pair, nothing else. If anyone needs to have one, just let me know.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Keta

I have 2 new ones that need a main gear to keep them company.

Here's a photo of a 349 (not H) pinion gear I hijacked from E-Bay

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

George4741

One other thing about those darned 349/349H reels; they take different pinion yokes.  
viurem lliures o morirem

Alto Mare

Quote from: Keta on July 25, 2012, 03:53:48 AM
I have 2 new ones that need a main gear to keep them company.

Here's a photo of a 349 (not H) pinion gear I hijacked from E-Bay

Yep, that's it Lee.
From the looks of that pinion, I might have to get me a 349. That pinion is beefier tha my 13-115.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Keta

Quote from: Alto Mare on July 25, 2012, 04:01:41 AM
From the looks of that pinion, I might have to get me a 349. That pinion is beefier tha my 13-115.

I don't like to/want to modify any of the 349 bridges I have (all in working reels now that I found a nib Newell aluminum spool) but 349 can easily have a second dog installed by drilling the bridge and installing a pin...I think a 115 or 116 dog might work on a single lever 349 but I know where one can be made that will work. 
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain