Jigmaster with some "additions"

Started by Brewcrafter, February 27, 2024, 03:40:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brewcrafter

Look what landed on my bench today. 
0.jpg
It is operational, but intentions of a full service, mounting it to an old fiberglass 6'6" and tossing this at a yellowtail in June...  yeah I need my head examined.... - john

Bryan Young

John, why not.  isn't high speed something like 36:1 and low speed 4:1?  My numbers may be off but why not?
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Brewcrafter

The low is stock Jigmaster speed (4:1); and the high is....very high!  I'll do a tooth count when cleaning and lubing.  One of my fishing buddies who is a "few" years older than I and also enjoys fishing the old stuff (actually, as he puts it, "the stuff I used back in the day") is bringing one as well so we are looking forward to having a good time! - john

jurelometer

I think that it applies an additional 3:1 over what the reel is providing, so on a Jigmaster, you get a 12:1 high gear.

Here is a thread that shows the internals:
https://alantani.com/index.php?topic=27003.0

As a side note: the site search bar that comes with our  web hosting platform often does not find many of relevant posts.  You can restrict a normal Google search to a single site and get a much better result.  For example, enter this in Google search:

"reel deal" site:alantani.com

and it will generate the following search:

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=%22reel+deal%22+site%3Aalantani.com

Lots more good threads here on these contraptions.

-J

Brewcrafter

Amusing side note: The gallon of paint it is sitting on is for our spare bedroom remodel; and I promised myself when I scored the reel yesterday that I absolutely would NOT start on any personal reels until I finish the remodel  ;D  - john

Ron Jones

Quote from: Brewcrafter on February 27, 2024, 05:33:03 PMAmusing side note: The gallon of paint it is sitting on is for our spare bedroom remodel; and I promised myself when I scored the reel yesterday that I absolutely would NOT start on any personal reels until I finish the remodel  ;D  - john
Dry that one out and you can spread it on the lawn.
The Man
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"