Staro Reels

Started by sandbar, March 01, 2024, 06:55:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sandbar

Has anyone ever seen a schematic for these reels?
I started tinkering with one that I purchased inexpensively just to get a look inside.
I have run into some parts that are challenging. I may have broken the "no tampering" rule on page 12.
Perhaps they didn't publish schematics intentionally.
I will post some pictures of what I have apart so far.

Midway Tommy

Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)

sandbar

Here are some pictures of what I have disassembled so far.
This reel is very different from what I have seen and I intend to proceed with caution.

Midway Tommy

I haven't had either of mine completely apart so I'm no help at all. That's looking pretty involved.  :o
Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)

Gfish

Cool!
Not as many parts as I thought there would be. So, it looks like a non-ball bearing(bushing) reel?
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

sandbar

Quote from: Midway Tommy on March 04, 2024, 07:04:36 AMI haven't had either of mine completely apart so I'm no help at all. That's looking pretty involved.  :o
I'm going to start with the simple things first. Trying to figure out if is possible to remove the main gear for cleaning. The spring loaded oil port on the crankshaft is not operational and needs to be cleaned. I don't know if the handle threads portion will unscrew from the shaft or the shaft may unscrew from the gear. I want to try to insert a rod through the threaded piece on the top of the shaft to see what happens. Still a bit gun shy.

sandbar

Any suggestions?

sandbar

Quote from: Gfish on March 04, 2024, 03:09:40 PMCool!
Not as many parts as I thought there would be. So, it looks like a non-ball bearing(bushing) reel?
One bushing on the pinion gear.
Still don't have the crankshaft apart yet. Maybe 1 bushing. Maybe 2.