I call it... "The HOA blocker"

Started by JasonGotaProblem, March 06, 2024, 04:23:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keta

Quote from: JasonGotaProblem on March 08, 2024, 07:04:17 PMI found a lapel pin that's just a big middle finger. I wanted to put it on the fence. My wife thinks it's in poor taste. She's probably right. I thought it was more classy than my first idea to spray painting one on

HOA Karens are low class snobs and nazi wanabes with nothing better to do than cause grief for others for minor BS, put it on.   
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Midway Tommy

I learnt a long time ago to reside in a rural setting where one doesn't have to put up with that kind of crap!  ;D
Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

oldmanjoe

Quote from: JasonGotaProblem on March 08, 2024, 07:04:17 PMI found a lapel pin that's just a big middle finger. I wanted to put it on the fence. My wife thinks it's in poor taste. She's probably right. I thought it was more classy than my first idea to spray painting one on
As long as you put a sign above it that says   Found   Ya might get away with it . >:D
Grandpa`s words of wisdom......Joey that thing between your shoulders is not a hat rack.....    use it.....
A mind is like a parachute, it only work`s  when it is open.......
The power of Observation   , It`s all about the Details ..
 Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.   Alto Mare

sandbar

$80 ?
Do they sell lumber at the Dollar Store in your area?  :d

MarkT

Is the HOA going to get after you for having the garage door open too?
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

Midway Tommy

Maybe you should have showed them and just used some old pallets!  >:D
Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)

JasonGotaProblem

So far no complaints.

And I definitely budget shopped. And it helped that the lattice piece was left over from a prior project
Any machine is a smoke machine if you use it wrong enough.

MarkT

Back when I lived in a townhouse with a HOA, the biggest complainers/Karen's were also the biggest offenders... and tended to be board members!
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

Jim Fujitani

Our City Municipal Code dictates that garbage cans are allowed at the curb for pick up for the period from the evening before the collection date, until up to 12 hours after pick up. 

But in the 46 years that I have lived here or been involved here, am I not aware of anyone being cited.  I have seen some cans at curbside for almost a week at a time.

Gobi King

Nice, are you going to stain it?

FYI: my little town requires it too. No HOA but town, arrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh
Shibs - aka The Gobi King
Fichigan

JasonGotaProblem

Quote from: Gobi King on March 20, 2024, 05:49:28 PMNice, are you going to stain it?

FYI: my little town requires it too. No HOA but town, arrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh
Nope. Leaving it alone. It's pressure treated wood. Any stain or paint is gonna look like crap in about a year in the Florida sun. Nobody paints or stains wood fences here that I've ever seen. People who want a white fence will usually go PVC
Any machine is a smoke machine if you use it wrong enough.

Bill B

Quote from: MarkT on March 17, 2024, 12:34:52 AMBack when I lived in a townhouse with a HOA, the biggest complainers/Karen's were also the biggest offenders... and tended to be board members!

Mark you saying the Arrowhead Lake Association is a bad thing? 🤣🤣🤣
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

Shellbelly

Quote from: JasonGotaProblem on March 08, 2024, 07:04:17 PMfound a lapel pin that's just a big middle finger. I wanted to put it on the fence.
Mount a POW MIA flag on it.  That'll stir up the karen nest. I didn't realize trash cans were so offensive.  Nice work! 

On a serious note, the HOA should have (could have) held up your purchase of the home until the silly violation was corrected.  Yep, they can do that, too.  If you sell, they will likely require you to get their approval before closing.  SOME HOA's have evolved way beyond their original, more reasonable intentions into something very difficult to live with. 
"Little boy,  you can get glad in the same pants you just got mad in."  (My Momma)
"You shot it boy, you're gonna clean it and eat it".  (My Dad)

Gobi King

Quote from: Bill B on March 21, 2024, 09:45:39 PM
Quote from: MarkT on March 17, 2024, 12:34:52 AMBack when I lived in a townhouse with a HOA, the biggest complainers/Karen's were also the biggest offenders... and tended to be board members!

Mark you saying the Arrowhead Lake Association is a bad thing? 🤣🤣🤣

Associations are fine, but Karens on the other hand,
One of my fine neighbors, a guy, emailed the city and complained about my brand new Chevy Diesel Truck, saying it was too big and  a work truck.

What kind of a man complains about a truck?  ::)
Shibs - aka The Gobi King
Fichigan