I call it... "The HOA blocker"

Started by JasonGotaProblem, March 06, 2024, 04:23:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasonGotaProblem

Turns out there's a rule in my 'hood that trash cans can't be visible from the street. So I've been in violation for years as had the prior owner. My trash can has been in my back yard for weeks. I was sick of it. And I don't know how to half-#### anything. I call it ...the HOA blocker.
5' total height

$80 in materials. I'm pretty happy with it.
Any machine is a smoke machine if you use it wrong enough.

oldmanjoe

:d     Yep that`s all it takes ..
Grandpa`s words of wisdom......Joey that thing between your shoulders is not a hat rack.....    use it.....
A mind is like a parachute, it only work`s  when it is open.......
The power of Observation   , It`s all about the Details ..
 Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.   Alto Mare

kjdunne

Nice solution Jason,

Too often HOA = PITA...

Kal

OhReely

Nice!

Now should we start a pool? How long before some nosey, jealous neighbor complains to the HOA? You're cited for not getting permission or a permit? You're given notice to take it down?

You think you're in a free country or sumthin?

Gfish

Them's the rules agreed on to buy there. Not familiar with HOA's. What's the purpose? Seems like it'd be a "Karen" paradise. Does it work to exclude undesirables?
In Hawaii, or at least this Island, people do what they want. Many properties have a 2nd home built behind the original. I'd bet many don't have a permit and aren't up to code.
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

steelfish

Quote from: kjdunne on March 06, 2024, 08:42:05 PMToo often HOA = PITA...
Kal

tell me about it!!

I work for one  :-X  :cf

@ Jason, I can still see a small corner of your garbage can amigo! you better built that wood fence wider and taller, but not too wide and not too tall because you will need a construction permits and it will be taken down if you dont have one.
The Baja Guy

JasonGotaProblem

Funny, the can wasn't back there yet.

oldmanjoe

;D   Housabout you fix the window blind , looks like you are on the look out for the HOA  Nazi !!     >:D  Whats with the sprinkler donut  , you didn`t put the cans on top of a sprinkler did ya ?    I know , ball busting ... :ct
Grandpa`s words of wisdom......Joey that thing between your shoulders is not a hat rack.....    use it.....
A mind is like a parachute, it only work`s  when it is open.......
The power of Observation   , It`s all about the Details ..
 Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.   Alto Mare

JasonGotaProblem

Joe my good sir you've seen the inside of my garage. To get to that window would be an all day expedition.

And the insanity of the way this dude installed his irrigation lines and where he put his sprinklers. Don't get me started. When I redid the back yard I just ripped them up and started from scratch. I'll eventually do the same in the front.

jgp12000

Nice trash can fence! it could double as an outdoor shower stall and you could wave at the neighbors in your birthday suit ;D I can pee off my front porch, 24 acres,no HOA...Gregg, I been to Kauai once ,what Jason needs is some wild free range chickens,in your Face HOA !!!

Keta

I have 23 guinea hens and a dozen or so chickens roaming the neighborhood and can also piss in my back yard.... and occasionaly shoot vermin, but carefuly as the neighbors are not that far away.  My neighbor across the road shoots 3-10 raccoons a year but we leave the skunks alone. Most of the neighbors like the guineas because they eat ticks and snakes  The one neighbor that doesn't like them is a tweeker and I could care less about what they say.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Midway Tommy

To HECK with them if the can't take a joke, right Lee!  😆   :d
Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)

Brewcrafter

Quote from: Keta on March 08, 2024, 04:34:57 PMI have 23 guinea hens and a dozen or so chickens roaming the neighborhood

Guinea Hens AKA Natures Intruder Alert.  Louder and more reliable than a dog.   ;D  - john

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

JasonGotaProblem

I found a lapel pin that's just a big middle finger. I wanted to put it on the fence. My wife thinks it's in poor taste. She's probably right. I thought it was more classy than my first idea to spray painting one on