What are you working on?

Started by JasonGotaProblem, March 07, 2024, 03:01:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ReelFishingProblems

Fred, if you find a 6500 CT cage I would gladly pay to take it off your hands.

Nick

ExcessiveAngler

Quote from: JasonGotaProblem on March 08, 2024, 03:00:10 AM
Quote from: ReelFishingProblems on March 07, 2024, 09:44:43 PMJust picked up these side plates so I guess I will have to start sourcing the rest of the parts to make another 6500C3CT
nice. The drag star I used would feel right at home on that.
I knew what that drag star was from, but wasn't able to post anything! There's another set on eBay right now for 90 bucks lol!
Been hunting for blue plates forever, and just refuse to pay that, or anywhere near it!

tincanary

Too much at the moment.  Half a dozen Daiwa 17LCs and 4 27LCs, 9 Shimano Curados, 4 Shimano Stradics, 9 Okuma Convectors, 2 ABU 5000s, 1 ABU 5600C, 2 Penn 330GTis, and a Penn Warfare.  38 reels in for service at the moment with more coming down the pipe.

JasonGotaProblem

2 of these blanks and fuji hardware just got dropped off to build a pair of matching 40# rods for a coworker.

Said they wanted all black everything no decor work. So knock on wood this should be a simple build

https://mudhole.com/products/mhx-70-light-x-fighter-offshore-graphite-composite-rod-blank-xf700l?_pos=1&_psq=Xf700l&_ss=e&_v=1.0
Any machine is a smoke machine if you use it wrong enough.

Cortez_Conversions

Knocking off another one from the project list.
Penn 720/722 drag knobs!
Visit: cortezconversions.com
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.-Sal

steelfish

Quote from: Cortez_Conversions on March 15, 2024, 08:40:04 PMKnocking off another one from the project list.
Penn 720/722 drag knobs!

AWesome!
The Baja Guy

foakes

Beautiful, Tom —-

We could also use some for the 716 & 714 in white and black.

These will also cover the 420SS, 430SS, 716Z, & 714Z.

Best, Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

ExcessiveAngler

Quote from: foakes on March 15, 2024, 12:03:00 AMKnocking out the backlog of reels to be built, repaired, serviced, sending out parts.

Couple of restored reels went up North to Bryan today.

Got 8 crates of DQ parts from a closed out shop.  About 15,000 to 17,000 parts here.  Most are in part numbered bags (80%).

But I need to take 2-3 days to get them into their proper storage bins, add more numbered bins, etc.

Changed out the CV axles on the Tacoma 4WD, will drop the rear 2-piece driveline in a day or two to install a new center support bearing assembly and (4) new u-joints.

Dealing with insurance quotes.  Finally done today, after 2 months.

Anyone need a brand new, restored old Mitchell CAP 305 (crank on right side for lefties).  $35.  Full restore with 95% parts new.

How about a nearly new Ambassadeur frame cage assembly with one side plate for $10?

It is like a new dawn —- having the website back up and running so well.

Thanks to everyone who was patient, helped, and knew what to do.

Best, Fred

Yep definitely nice to be back!
Definitely threw a wrench in the works on a couple things I was working on!
Was working on the Daiwa 3M that I got from you, while the site was down.
I absolutely was laughing my head off, when I got it apart, and saw what the problem was.
Is that the CAT scan technician in the tree?
They need to stop playing around, and pay better attention, maybe too many tree-ts lol.
After a thorough cleaning and a little burnishing, operates just like a new reek again. Here's a couple pics of the problem.
Seems it had, a little too much lead in its diet lol.

Midway Tommy

Quote from: foakes on March 15, 2024, 10:09:53 PMBeautiful, Tom —-

We could also use some for the 716 & 714 in white and black.

These will also cover the 420SS, 430SS, 716Z, & 714Z.

Best, Fred

I will second all of what Fred just said!

On the other note I've been up to absolutely nothing enjoyable. Heeling ribs and trying to final out my mom's estate, which isn't a whole lot of fun.  :(
Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)