low profile baitcast questions.

Started by lordisgod, March 14, 2012, 04:49:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lordisgod

Hello all!!
ok, so lastnight i did my first breakdown ever on a old daiwa baitcaster, the procaster that i got in the early 90's.  the internals look very similar to the baitcasters today. they do have their diffrencess though like upgrades and new tech... anyways everything went good and somethings went flying but. found the parts and looking at the schematics i was able to figure what goes where and how the sequence goes.  ;)
I think i have the courage to work on my new stuff now that i got a little practice.  so most of my reels are low profiles except f
or one. and are used only in the salt. they are the the daiwa zillion type r, daiwa sol, daiwa luna 253. and also revo premier, revo toro 50 and revo toro 60.
questions are
for the daiwa spools, can i give the inductor and spring and spool a light coating of corrosion x to give it xtra protection from the salt? i know not to let the spray touch the braid. would the spray effect the spring that attaches to the inductor?

for revo spools, can i put a drop of reel x into each of the brake springs on the spool? or should i
Just use corrosion x on the springs and give it a quick spray?

thanks guys!!"

Bryan Young

CorrosionX will be okay for all applications indicated.

CorrosionX will not hurt braid, but will leave a sent in the water...don't know if that's good or bad, like the guys that used to spray their lures with WD40.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

lordisgod

Would i have any problems with corrosion x gumming up and impending the elasticity on the springs on the brakes for daiwa or revo?

Bryan Young

Will not have any issues with gumming using corrosionX.  It's an light oil, not grease. 
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

lordisgod

Alan,
for the drag washers i have not done anything yet. that procaster reel is ald one that i just used
for practice in taking it apart. I will apply some cals grease on the carbon washers when i replace them (daiwa luna and sol) and grease the stock carbon washers on the revos.  i did open up the
daiwa zillion type r today and it does come stock with carbon drags. I did notice that they were very lightly oiled or greased from the factory. so i did not do anything there. i just opened it up for the first time to make sure everything was ok. i am going to get some yamaha marine grease soon so i can grease up the insides.  btw great site!! very informative and if it wasnt for.this site i dont think i would be tinkering with my reels!!
one quick question, when i was taking apart my zillion type r, the gear shaft collar fell and could.not see wich way it goes in. I cannot tell by the schematic the way it goes in. I put it in and everything seems fine. i think i even got.more drag!!!