Quantum Catalyst CT30PTi Bail return problem

Started by danengr, March 14, 2012, 10:21:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phil1841 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

danengr

My Quantum CT30PTi spinning reel began to have problems returning the bail and I noticed some looseness where the bail joins to the rotor assembly. After tightening both sides up, the bail sometimes closes properly and sometimes closes and then immediately rebounds to the open position. Any ideas? Are there possibly parts worn out or is there some kind of adjustment for this?  From what I understand, there is a lifetime warranty on the magnetic bail system but if it might be something fairly simple, I'd just as soon do it myself rather than paying for service and/or postage both ways to a warranty center.

alantani

the bail systems are finnicky.  the last spinning reel i worked on took almost three hours to finish.  the last two hours were spent trying to get the bail to work properly.  send it in and let quantum worry about it.   :-\
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

rickjc

I have worked on a few Quantums that the magnets had come unglued from the housing they sit in.  If this is the case, when you remove the bail both magnets will be on one side, clean off the old glue and any grease or oil residue and glue the magnets back in place with two part epoxy.  Hope this might help.

Rick