Suzuki C10 MFD/NMEA 2000 issue

Started by Wally15, March 16, 2024, 09:16:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wally15

I'm having issues with my multi-function display. Zuke DF200A, C10 display, N2K backbone. Motor and display only have 100 hours on them. Got power to the display, but no readouts. See pics. "3-4 weeks" is best estimate for a shop to "look at".
I know just enough to be dangerous. AC/DC is a rock and roll band. Utube ain't much help.
Anybody got any ideas?
GA Mike
Sweet dreams and flying machines in pieces on the ground.
"Fire and Rain"
James Taylor

boon

Do you have anything else on the N2K? Like a chartplotter... see if that can talk to the outboard.
Unplug the 2k from it and plug it back in. Check all the 2k connections are snug, including the end-of-line terminator.

Hit Menu, Settings, System, Network, Device List, make sure the engine is listed there. Select the Engine, hit Enter, go to Data, hit Enter, see if it is listing live data there. Try Auto Select in Network as well.

Wally15

Quote from: boon on March 17, 2024, 11:21:29 PMDo you have anything else on the N2K? Like a chartplotter... see if that can talk to the outboard.
Unplug the 2k from it and plug it back in. Check all the 2k connections are snug, including the end-of-line terminator.

Hit Menu, Settings, System, Network, Device List, make sure the engine is listed there. Select the Engine, hit Enter, go to Data, hit Enter, see if it is listing live data there. Try Auto Select in Network as well.

I followed your excellent instructions and solved the problem when I hit Auto Select. Now I can add my chartplotter to the network with some confidence I won't screw it up. I owe you one.
Thanks bunches!!
GA Mike
Sweet dreams and flying machines in pieces on the ground.
"Fire and Rain"
James Taylor