Izor Metered Line Source

Started by Keta, March 17, 2024, 04:28:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keta

One of the people I do reel repair for is looking for a source for Izor 100' metered braid, does anyone here know where I can get it?
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

MarkT

Direct from Izorline? I think it's only sold to tackle stores.
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

ExcessiveAngler

Can anyone verify if realworldangling.com is a legitimate website?
Seems they have a bunch of it in stock.
Another site was MajiTackle, again, not sure of the validity of that site.
They all seem to be out on the West Coast.
Seems alot are out in California, that's in a bunch of your backyards, just not you Lee lol.
Oh my goodness, is 2500 yards of 200 hollow pound braid, really over a $1000 lol?

jurelometer

Quote from: ExcessiveAngler on March 17, 2024, 06:32:57 PMCan anyone verify if realworldangling.com is a legitimate website?
Seems they have a bunch of it in stock.
Another site was MajiTackle, again, not sure of the validity of that site.
They all seem to be out on the West Coast.
Seems alot are out in California, that's in a bunch of your backyards, just not you Lee lol.
Oh my goodness, is 2500 yards of 200 hollow pound braid, really over a $1000 lol?

I generally don't purchase direct from online retailers that do not list any contact information other than an email address or a web contact form.

If the retailer displays a brick and mortar address, it is easy enough to stick it into Google street view, and see if there is a legit business storefront. You can even check BBB ratings and Yelp reviews, or even give them a phone call.  Worthwhile when making larger purchases.

Mahi Tackle maps to a real tackle shop with decent reviews and a real storefront.  https://www.google.com/maps/@33.6861471,-117.9631974,3a,75y,249.77h,85.57t/data=!3m7!1e1!3m5!1sW7JSZvwU1wYjOzFF_9dB5Q!2e0!6shttps:%2F%2Fstreetviewpixels-pa.googleapis.com%2Fv1%2Fthumbnail%3Fpanoid%3DW7JSZvwU1wYjOzFF_9dB5Q%26cb_client%3Dmaps_sv.tactile.gps%26w%3D203%26h%3D100%26yaw%3D285.64032%26pitch%3D0%26thumbfov%3D100!7i16384!8i8192?entry=ttu

I have ordered from Mahi Tackle a couple times recently, and had no problems. Their pricing was good.  I also like supporting brick and mortar tackle and fly shops, even if they are not in my town.

The other retailer mentioned in your post does not list any address information other than "Southern California", does customer service by email only (with a hidden web domain ownership). It is hosted by GoDaddy with a valid SSL Cert, so it is unlikely to be a fake retailer, but I am not personally inclined to send money to a business that is unwilling to disclose their actual identity.  They have no skin in the game.

Hope this helps.

-J