Looking to narrow a 500 Jigmaster, need parts

Started by kjdunne, March 18, 2024, 05:23:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kjdunne

I would like to narrow a 500 Jigmaster to 501 width.
Looking for 29-501 spool, 30-49 stand, 37A-506 spacer bars (2 ea) or 37-180 posts (4 ea).
Cosmetics not important, this will be a fisher, ugly parts will be fine. 

Let me know what you can part with cheaply, shipping to New Jersey.

Thanks,
Kal

Vintage Offshore Tackle

I can do the base and posts for $20 plus shipping.  If you want a Penn 29-501 plastic spool, add $15, or add $35 for a Newell or Penn aluminum spool.

kjdunne

Randy,
Thanks for the quick reply, I'll keep this in mind and will stay in touch. 

Looking to do this as low budget as possible, not sure if I'll like the narrow reel.

Anybody have stuff in the junk pile to get rid of?

Kal

JasonGotaProblem

Quote from: kjdunne on March 19, 2024, 02:03:19 PMRandy,
Thanks for the quick reply, I'll keep this in mind and will stay in touch. 

Looking to do this as low budget as possible, not sure if I'll like the narrow reel.

Anybody have stuff in the junk pile to get rid of?

Kal
35 for a 501 spool is quite a steal. If you pass on it I may try to jump in.
Any machine is a smoke machine if you use it wrong enough.

kjdunne

Jason,
Take the alum spool if you want it, I'll hold dibs on the plastic one for a while if Randy allows.

Kal

thorhammer

yeah, that's a great price; gonna be hard to beat for aluminum.

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Quote from: kjdunne on March 19, 2024, 02:27:27 PMJason,
Take the alum spool if you want it, I'll hold dibs on the plastic one for a while if Randy allows.

Kal

No problem holding the plastic spool for you Kal.  Just let me know if you decide that you want it. If you really don't care about how ugly the posts and bass are, I have a full set that you can have for $10 with the spool. Please forgive me for hijacking your thread, but I need to answer the other posts about the aluminum spools, so here goes:

I have a good inventory of Penn OEM and Newell aluminum spools for most models from 100 size up to 114H, plus some red Anniversary Jigmaster 500 and Senator spools and silver
anodized 500 at reasonable prices.  Please take a look at the photos below and let me know if you see anything that you can use

Also tons of plastic Jigmaster, Squidder, Surfmaster, etc. Spools in most widths for dirt cheap, especially if ordered in significant quantities.

Will ship worldwide.  We like to use Venmo and Zelle, but if you don't have those PayPal works too.

kjdunne

Plastic or chromed brass spool?

Keta, either for this project will do.

Kal

thorhammer

Ted just saw those silver jiggy spools, drooled on floor, slipped and hurt his back :)

kjdunne

Randy,
I'll take the ugly stand & posts, plastic spool.  I'm not very pretty, so it'll be a good match... 

Sending a PM with my shipping address so you can give me the total price.

Thanks!
Kal

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Quote from: thorhammer on March 19, 2024, 07:19:09 PMTed just saw those silver jiggy spools, drooled on floor, slipped and hurt his back :)

Ted probably has twice as many as me!

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Quote from: kjdunne on March 19, 2024, 10:30:31 PMRandy,
I'll take the ugly stand & posts, plastic spool.  I'm not very pretty, so it'll be a good match... 

Sending a PM with my shipping address so you can give me the total price.

Thanks!
Kal

Got it Kal.  PM sent.
Thank you,
Randy

thorhammer

Quote from: Vintage Offshore Tackle on March 19, 2024, 11:21:02 PM
Quote from: thorhammer on March 19, 2024, 07:19:09 PMTed just saw those silver jiggy spools, drooled on floor, slipped and hurt his back :)

Ted probably has twice as many as me!
[/quote

Mebbe, but his are all in reels already. We were talking about them just a couple days ago.

Kal, post pics of the build, and your impression. You didn't say what you will use it for, but I'm betting you like it- there's a reason it's probably the foremost conversion. It was the first thing I converted, over 20 years ago, before I even knew about hotrodding etc. Just seemed like a cool idea. I have a dozen at least now...

John

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Kal, the ugly set of 501 base and bars is $10.  The plastic spool is $15, and shipping is $7, for a grand total of $32.