New Senator owner

Started by Christopher M Songer, March 19, 2024, 12:59:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Christopher M Songer

I have been spending more time in Florida the past 2 February's. I see no reason to stay in Ohio. Been invited to fish out of Venice with friends on charters and Grouper is the target. Nice to have gear I can borrow but I need my own. I'm sure you understand. Got an old Senator 113 4/0 Super clean. Just won auction for a beat up 113H. Hope it arrives next week. It will need a lot of work. So, I am pouring over this page for advice and ideas. Already swapped handles.
Always go forward, never go straight

redsetta

Nice one Christopher - that 113 looks like a beauty!
You've probably seen it before but, if not, this was Sal's 'treasure trove' 4/0 mod thread:
https://alantani.com/index.php/topic,3083.0.html
Keep us up on your progress!
All the best, Justin
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

Christopher M Songer

Just noticed a crack in the left side plate. Damn

JasonGotaProblem

I might have a spare. I'm almost certain I do
Any machine is a smoke machine if you use it wrong enough.

thorhammer

I might as well; will check.

Christopher M Songer

I did not restore this reel. I bought it for $60. Literally did not see the side plate crake until I posted the picture here. It free spools like a top and other than the plate crack is in great shape. I do have a 113H coming from an auction delivered for less than $30. It will be a major project but worth it.

Porthos

My main Penns are not Senators but a significantly modded Penn Monofil 27 and a Mag Power 970. To support these two 27 have purchased other 27's, 180's, 155's, 970 just as parts reels.

The best parts are on two reels in service, but there're enough visually clean parts (cracked plates included) to have a very present able "shelfie" 27 just for display as an "art" piece. You could do the same with your "extra" 4/0 parts...

Pics here of the 27's:
https://alantani.com/index.php/topic,26074.msg295284.html#msg295284