Everol

Started by Makule, March 15, 2012, 03:14:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Makule

Is anyone here familiar with Everol reels?  Are they difficult to work on?

Saw a 14/0 in a shop and the guy might want me to work on it.
I used to be in a constant state of improvement.  Now I'm in a constant state of renovation.

alantani

i dunno.  primitive reels by modern standards.  like so many things, they will get the job done, but newer reels are so much more effecient.   
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

redsetta

Personally, I love 'em - robust, well designed and beautifully engineered from quality materials.
I agree, however, that they're primitive by modern standards...
That said, quality is timeless. ;)
Cheers, Justin
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

misokat

Primitive? lmao , easy to work on, last forever, dont know but that formula works for me, i just rebuilt one of mine,a 4/0, it was made in 1970, and still gets job done, just ask my biggest thresher shark, 380lbs, 3 hours of fight, and not a hiccup...
Capt M Nelsen, Blue Max Sportfishing.
http://bluemaxsportfishing.com/

alantani

my concern has always been the drag system.  it's either cork or particle board......   :-\

alantani

that was also probably a poor choice of words......   :-\

misokat

not mine,souped it up with 2 big glued on disk drags from dawn, everolcarbo now lol

misokat

see what u can do after u learn form this site..lol old fiber disk on right, new carbo on left, glued it to both sides of drag plate, old reel modern drag....last pic is all the drag washers installed on spool, floating drag , works well

Robert Janssen

Quoteauthor=alantani link=topic=3820.msg28126#msg28125 date=1331867661]my concern has always been the drag system.  it's either cork or particle board...... :-\

Quote from: alantani on March 16, 2012, 03:14:21 AM
that was also probably a poor choice of words......   :-\

Well, that is an intersting comment, since you have previously posted that you have never seen an Everol before, and never worked on one.

You may be surprised to learn that they have been using carbon fiber for fifteen years or more.

Bruce

Hello Misokat
                      Were You able to fin a schematic of your Everol?
                      I too have a 4/0, which I believe is from same time period. It has the brown or maroon colored drage scale and is labeled Ted Williams , sold by Sears. A very robust piece of equipment.

Thank you Buzz
Buzz

Makule

Anyone have a clear, readable, explodable (i.e., can be enlarged enough so I can actually see what the parts look like and read the part numbers) schematic for the 14/0 Cairns?

I have one that needs to be cleaned up and it seems some pieces are not where they should be (i.e., now on the repair table).

The drag disks (two of them) seem to be made from some kind of rubber material.  They still grip very well, however, with little chatter.

Anyway, please either post or send me a schematic.  The only one I could find is very hard to see/read.
I used to be in a constant state of improvement.  Now I'm in a constant state of renovation.

Irish Jigger

Robert Janssen

Redsetta did an excellent tutorial a while back:

http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=5042.0

Just follow that; it is the same. It will be of much more help to you than the schematics.

Incidentally, the drag material is that as was originally supplied by Ferodo, a large manufacturer of industrial friction materials, and similar to the friction materials used in some other reels thirty-odd years ago when this reel was made.

Interesting to note, that it seems nobody has needed to change the drag washers in either this reel or in Redsettas in thirty-forty years.