Daiwa lexs 300

Started by phishxxii, March 22, 2024, 11:35:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phishxxii

Got a Daiwa Alexa 300 wn for servicing.I wanted to get the spool out but the screw holding the side plate wouldn't turn.So I turned the screw hard and it broke.I can see part of the broken screw inside the plate.I managed to get the spring,a washer and c clip out of the side plate.I drilled the half screw out of the plate but still can't get the plate to turn down and open.Any suggestions?

oldmanjoe

Post a picture , lets see what you got .   Part of the screw head still there ?
Grandpa`s words of wisdom......Joey that thing between your shoulders is not a hat rack.....    use it.....
A mind is like a parachute, it only work`s  when it is open.......
The power of Observation   , It`s all about the Details ..
 Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.   Alto Mare

phishxxii

Drilled out the he broken screw.Don't know what's preventing me from sliding the plate down and removing it

oldmanjoe

Grandpa`s words of wisdom......Joey that thing between your shoulders is not a hat rack.....    use it.....
A mind is like a parachute, it only work`s  when it is open.......
The power of Observation   , It`s all about the Details ..
 Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.   Alto Mare

phishxxii

Nice tutorial but no help to me.When the spring loaded screw is backed out the plate should slide down and out' The screw is drilled out .

Gfish

Don't know about the Lexa tail-plate. I do know that the "thumb screw"(also spring loaded) on my Ambassadeur Revo T.B. Has godda be pulled outward after being unscrewed and HELD THERE, for the plate to swing downward. I prefer the systems on the Shimano (centrifical cast controlled)baitcasters with the twist lever.

Can you post pictures phishxxi?
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

alantani

had this happen to a pair of lexa reels as well.  the whole thing is corroded.  i ended up drilling out the screw.  then i had to muscle the side plate counter-clockwise to get the side plate off.  damn near took a pipe wrench to it, but it finally came off.  i think it's just stuck.  :-\
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!