BFS Fishing Section?

Started by jgp12000, March 29, 2024, 01:14:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jgp12000

I know most of you guys are Salties,but is there enough interest here to warrant a BFS fishing section? No biggie,just curious.

funhog

Drawing big blank as to what BFS stands for?

Jenx

Quote from: funhog on March 29, 2024, 02:52:40 PMDrawing big blank as to what BFS stands for?

Bait Finesse System.

It's finesse fishing with baitcast reels instead of the typical spinning gear.

JasonGotaProblem

I'll be honest as much as I am getting into the BFS stuff I don't think it deserves it's own category any more than slow pitch jigging does.

It's just a fishing technique that has a lot of marketing momentum. I don't think it warrants a category.

But that's just me.
Any machine is a smoke machine if you use it wrong enough.

jgp12000

Yes I agree Jason,just learning of BFS recently through one of your post,I got the reel & will probably  be it for my collection.There are plenty of sites already devoted to it.

Brewcrafter

I believe Tincanary also has lots of input not just on ABU but BFS modifications in particular. - john

ExcessiveAngler

Well, as much as I think it's all just a bunch of smoke, as Jason said. Might be nice just to have a little section here, just to tune the reels, or share the upgrades?
As opposed to a whole section for BFS fishing.  Only my take on it.

JasonGotaProblem

Honestly this ain't a democracy so my opinion is worth just a bit less than you paid for it. But I'd lean more toward a "reel tuning" section. How to fix a broken reel is super useful and generally easy to find on here. The threads about tuning a reel from good to great are scattered.

jgp12000

Sub-Board?

Swami805

It seems like the bulk of it is Abu's. Would be nice to find a tuning section for them instead of searching high and low.
Do what you can with that you have where you are

oc1

I have never heard a decent definition of what the Bait Finess System is or what differentiates it from everything else.

JasonGotaProblem

Quote from: oc1 on March 29, 2024, 07:50:39 PMI have never heard a decent definition of what the Bait Finess System is or what differentiates it from everything else.
Baitcaster Frivolous Spending

oldmanjoe

Quote from: oc1 on March 29, 2024, 07:50:39 PMI have never heard a decent definition of what the Bait Finess System is or what differentiates it from everything else.
My take on it is , BFS is just trying to get fish to bite .    Let me put my foul weather gear on for the next part .   People with pore thumb / eye coordination want to specialize reels and have a name for it .        OK you`ll can start throwing bait at me ..     :fish  :fish  :fish  >:D
Grandpa`s words of wisdom......Joey that thing between your shoulders is not a hat rack.....    use it.....
A mind is like a parachute, it only work`s  when it is open.......
The power of Observation   , It`s all about the Details ..
 Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.   Alto Mare

JasonGotaProblem

All jokes aside it's using a small baitcaster and an UL rod to throw light lures. It's attempting to take the very real notion that you get more hits on light tackle to the extreme. It's a lot of fun. But like anything new and exciting there's a lot of room to overpay

MarkT

I don't think that throwing very light lures (sub 1/4 oz?) on a baitcasters is really a specialized thing... maybe in fresh water, not in salty water. Certainly not deserving of a 'market'. I don't think I've thrown plastics on much less than a 1/4 oz lead heads/sinkers.
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!