Olympic open frame fighter 300

Started by Marko, March 15, 2012, 03:18:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marko

Hi, i just have new family member in the reels collection. it's second hand olympic fighter 300. bought it from second hand goods importer for 30 bucks. i have clean inside out, remove the salt deposit on the aluminium spool and re grease everything.

i see that all gears made from brass and in prime condition. i have filled it with 600 meter 16 lbs Navis mono and used it for live bait fishing. i noticed the drag was still old skool made from good ol time fiber washer. it's a bit sticky and not smooth.

i wonder if anyone used the same reels and upgraded it with HT-100 or carbontex. please also inform me how it's perform on the big fish.

thanks a lot ;)

regards

Marko Zakaria 

alantani

hi, marko!  i have seen several olympic reels but i am not familiar with this one.  the drags could most certainly be upgraded.  you will need to measure them out. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Marko

were they good for light to medium fishing Mr. Alan? tommorow i'll measure the diameter. yesterday i was bit confused by the anti reverse rachet and freespool mechanics after i dismantle it... after grab dinner, smoke some cigarette i just know what to do..  :D .

seems i'm Your good student ;D

Marko

Dear Mr. Alan Tani,

it uses 2 drag washer with :
thickness : 1 mm
outer diameter : 20 mm
inner diameter : 10,5 mm

i hope it' available.

thanks

CoastieFlo

any chance of a picture of that reel?  Never heard of it.

alantani

it looks like a penn ht-100 #6-60.  the dimensions are ID 10.61mm x OD 20.44mm x TH 0.92mm and they are commonly used in the penn long beach 60 and 140 squidder.  if you have only two, then you have one drag washer underneath the main gear and one drag washer inside.  the drag systems are typically "1+1," "1+3," or "1+5" with one drag washer under the main gear and one, three or five drag washer inside the main gear.  can you double check?  if you need some, they can simply be dropped into a plain letter envelope. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!