My upcoming 3 day setups

Started by pjstevko, April 02, 2024, 03:11:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pjstevko

So I'm on the PQ in just over a week for their first trip of the season, it's a 3 day and I'm assuming we'll be chasing bft. I'll be bringing the following setups

Fathom 15lxnd2/pch801h = 25/30# bait
Mak10/UC Monster = 40# bait
Mak 15t/UC GP Predator = 50/60# bait, snipers, sinker rig
Fathom 40nld2/pch741xxh = 80# daytime jigs, sinker rig
Mak16/pch741xxxh = 100# knife jigs, eddie bombs
Mak20/UC viper = 100# knife jigs, eddie bombs
Fathom 25nld2/TR Elevate = spj for yellowtail and small tuna

Not sure if I'll bring my jig stick......Gold Trini16/90J = surface irons

Hopefully the weather stabilizes and the fleet finds the fish next weekend to provide us some great info before we depart Tuesday morning....

Brewcrafter

Looks like a little bit of weather forecasted going into the weekend, but looking OK after that.  The boats that are getting into the Bluefin seem to be doing pretty good. - john

Bill B

You have all the bases covered PJ.  This early in the season you never know what's in store.  Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

ReelFishingProblems

Thanks for giving us a look at your setups. I also revisited Jon Vadney's post about different setups for different length trips. These are immensely insightful

Gfish

Pictures would great PJ, but not of course, required.
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

Brewcrafter

And I am sure that with PJ, some of those fine AT Stickers that he produced may find placement :d in his travels. -john

pjstevko

Quote from: Gfish on April 02, 2024, 08:05:06 PMPictures would great PJ, but not of course, required.

Pics of my setups? Or pics from the trip?

Gfish

Set-ups I's thinkin bout. But both would be great.
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

pjstevko

Quote from: Gfish on April 03, 2024, 08:21:47 PMSet-ups I's thinkin bout. But both would be great.

I'll try to get pics of the setups when I'm on the boat, if i can remember....

Gfish

I'm paying close attention to anything deep ocean jigging related, but don't wanna rush out and buy equipment until I can make it work(even once)with just the terminal stuff.

Compared to other kayak fishermen, I suck at finding and catching baitfish, the best of which are the Opelu(Big Eye Scad). This is the best way to get bit here. But Jigging will work too. I see it in Hawaii Kayak fishing oriented videos, but never see guys where I fish doing it.

Slow pitch and vertical jigging; there's more to it than meets the eye.