Side plate for Shimano TEK 501HGLCA

Started by retiredandfishing, April 10, 2024, 12:43:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

retiredandfishing

So Shimano in all their wisdom has discontinued quite a few parts for the TEK501HGLCA.  One of which is the side plate.  I cannot find one anywhere.  Wondering if anyone has a couple of them for sale. Part number is TGT2389.   

The broken post problem (idler gears jam up and the post that supports the larger idler gear breaks) on the HGLCA's are quite frequent and it will not be very pleasant for all the guides who use these reels to find out their reels are no longer fixable.  Even the guy in Canada does not have the side plates.  Ditto on the line counters.

Any help you can be would be greatly appreciated

Steve

boon

Odd that they've already discontinued that, the Tekota A is a relatively recent reel.
The plate from a TEK601HGLCA should fit too, TGT2413. Equally discontinued but may expand your search.

EDIT: Shimano's Canadian parts site is showing stock:
https://fishshop.shimano.ca/collections/tek501hglca

https://fishshop.shimano.ca/products/10sbz?variant=42388861223102

Multi-edit: Shimano in that part of the world is changing all their part numbers, that's now a 10SBZ, or a 10RXB for a 601.

retiredandfishing

Thanks for the response.  I should have called Shimano first.  Most of the old parts numbers are being fazed out. I used to be able to still use the old part numbers but now Shimano has decided that is no longer acceptable. The website schematic just lists the part as discontinued.  So the process is to get the new part number which s listed under the old part number on the website schematic.  Go up to the top of the page and enter the new part number in search line.  Not sure why they would list the parts under the old part number as discontinued instead of showing that the it has changed to the new part number and providing a link to access the new one.  Shimano said a lot of people are doing what I did and assuming that the part number can no longer be ordered.  Hope this helps.

Steve