SSVI2500LL - jambed LL

Started by sundancer, April 10, 2024, 12:48:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sundancer

Good day

Picked up a LiveLiner but the LLer mechanism is jambed.  I have never taken it apart.  Any chance that it will explode like a cheap watch?  😉

LL Lever only goes through 2 indents (instructions show 4) and they don't appear to effect the main Drag. 

Main Drag works well.  Only reason I picked up the Reel was for the LLer.  No reason to keep it if it doesn't work.

Thoughts??
Steve
Miles to go.....,

Donnyboat

Hi Steve, the worm in the line level is possibly to dirty, you should be able to dismantle the complete reel take digital photos as you go, refer back to them as you place it back together,, wash all the parts then place the worm n other parts in vinegar  water 50/50, soak for about 90 minutes, then give them a good scrub,then wash all the vinegar of, dry all the parts  lube with Yamaha marine grease, & synthetic oil, I place the synthetic oil in a syringe, then you can place it were  it is required, as you place it back together, you can do it, I got my money on you, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

sundancer

Donny

Thanks for the tips.  I open the Reel shortly.

The Reel works fine except for the LiveLiner function.  I am thinking that the Switch Cam or Gear, (72, 74), or something in the 80's subassembly is buggered..

I was hoping that there aren't any Springs in it like the Dog Springs in Conventional Reels, that launch themselves across the room, never to be seen again.  Lololol

I just sent a small Order to Mystic parts for Penn 9.  I might be sending another one....   

If anything comes to mind, please let me know.

Steve

Screenshot_20240410-062025.jpg
Miles to go.....,