Is this a mis-cut?

Started by JasonGotaProblem, April 11, 2024, 01:50:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasonGotaProblem

Did someone miss a step?
Any machine is a smoke machine if you use it wrong enough.

ExcessiveAngler

Looks like a good candidate to make something else out of, just not sure what that is lol?
Or just a good conversation piece.
Was that hiding in with a bunch of other ones or tucked away in its own little spot?
I would have to say, that redefines the term of, rounded off gear sleeve lol!

JasonGotaProblem

It was in a bag of other individually bagged 98-60 sleeves. I seem to have a bunch. (Of normal-cut brass ones)

oldmanjoe

Is it for the knuckle busters ?
Grandpa`s words of wisdom......Joey that thing between your shoulders is not a hat rack.....    use it.....
A mind is like a parachute, it only work`s  when it is open.......
The power of Observation   , It`s all about the Details ..
 Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.   Alto Mare

JasonGotaProblem

Quote from: oldmanjoe on April 11, 2024, 04:26:40 AMIs it for the knuckle busters ?
Yes. Yes it is. Whether intentional or not, yes it is.

Iwasnt the plan but  guess it's a collectors item. Now accepting offers.  :fish

oc1

It's only collectable if it was made by a reputable company.

alantani

it's going to be a valuable collector's item someday. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Penn

Yes it appears so, sorry about that. If you would like to return it for a correct part let me know. 

tony

steelfish

^-^  ^-^  ::)  ::)

too bad only reel heads will know and laugh
The Baja Guy

foakes

The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

ExcessiveAngler

Don't know what happened to my other post?
Oh, well must be Go Daddy again!
I was thinking the same thing!

What if it is the only one in existence lol?

I called dibs, playing around, if you didn't want it, in my other post that disappeared lol.
I'm sure a collector would pay a pretty penny to have something like that, no?

JasonGotaProblem

I'd consider trade offers. Would consider trading for a steel version of the same part.

Authenticity appears confirmed. Unopened package. 8)

JasonGotaProblem

Quote from: ExcessiveAngler on April 11, 2024, 05:49:11 PMDon't know what happened to my other post?

I called dibs, playing around, if you didn't want it, in my other post that disappeared lol.

Funny, you almost got it for free, thankfully I was paying attention to what I was doing putting your package together

ExcessiveAngler

Quote from: JasonGotaProblem on April 11, 2024, 06:23:57 PM
Quote from: ExcessiveAngler on April 11, 2024, 05:49:11 PMDon't know what happened to my other post?

Funny, you almost got it for free, thankfully I was paying attention to what I was doing putting your package together

Sure you weren't out there playing around with that nice reel that you have now? lol.

foakes

This isn't a big deal, or too much of a surprise.  It happens.

I had a couple of hundred Lee-Pro gear sleeves for 500's and 4/0's a year ago, along with the 500-600 frames plus matching sideplates, and a bunch of gear sets, plus other internals.

In the bags were a few parts that did not have the final cuts completed yet.

With my DAM Quick parts inventory, Penn parts inventory, Mitchell, and ABU —- there are generally a few parts in parts bags that were not completed —- along with the other 99 that are perfect.

Just part of the manufacturing that happens occasionally.

Best, Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.