321 worm drive

Started by pijon, March 18, 2012, 02:06:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Swami805, Squidh90, Marlinmate, Crab Pot, mww and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

pijon

I got two of the 321;s and a 320. These are great reels for shallow bottomfish and they do get a lot of work.
One of the 321's has a worm drive with a miscut area in the drive. I have used it that way for a few years and today as I am getting it ready it has finally failed. The Pawl just sticks to one side now. I bought 4 extra worm drives a few years ago. I got a deal on them on Ebay. Now I know why they were such a deal. One is just a bit too long for the 320. Must be a 330. Three of them are just a hair too short for the 320. No idea what those will fit.
So anyway I am going to order some more worms for my 320/321's. Also a couple pawl screws as those seem to be a magnet for the wrong size screwdriver and get chewed up. In the meantime I will borrow a worm out of the 320 for this weekend. I like lefty reels even though I am right handed.

All I was trying to do was re spool the line on this reel and Murphy showed up. One project begets another.

alantani

there were a couple of different versions of these reels.  that's where the confusion may have arisen from.......   :-\
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!