320 GTi

Started by Roger, May 18, 2009, 12:20:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brewcrafter, Penn, Woodbilly, Swami805, Bub, Benni3, Jigtosser, Woodpuppy and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Roger

Several weeks ago I wrote in about a 321GTi that had a stripped worm gear and pawl. I just took the line guide off and serviced the reel. It turned out really well and the spool spun like a top but the fellow that owned the reel just couldn't handle it without so I put a new one on there just to make him happy. It was his money. Now the way that reel worked without that line guide I had to get one to play with, so I found one on e-bay with the exact same problems (bad worm and pawl). Hopefully that's all, I'll find out towards the end of the week. Alan, what I want to know is that you did a tutorial on this reel a while back tha included swapping out the main gear & pinion along with the drag washers to get about 20# of drag. I believe it was a 113 but I don't remember for certain what version it was. When I go to that thread it doesn't completely load so I can't find the parts and what else is needed to make this happen.
Roger

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."   Mark Twain

Roger

Also, I forgot to ask, Is there a stainless gear bushing available for the 320 and if so would it help?
Roger

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."   Mark Twain

alantani

i think you mean the gear sleeve.  it's the drive shaft that the handle attaches to.  the stainless steel ones that i have are for the jigmaster and squidder.  check the 320 tutorial again.  it should load ok. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Roger

I meant the gear sleeve. I tried opening that thread again and it everything comes up down to the pic of the 320 & 113 main gears & pinions. Don't know up with that.
Roger

alantani

yeah, they were there just for comparison.  they are not interchangeable.  alan

Roger

So am I correct that all I need is the is the 6-113H drag washers and swap the fiber washer underneath the main gear with another HT-100 to get to 20# 0f drag.
Roger

alantani

stick with the set of five #6-320 drag washers inside the gear and a #6-875 underneath.  bear in mind that the 4/0 senator gears will not fit in this reel.  also remember that the teeth of the 320 main gear are much finer than the 113h gears.  the 320 main gear teeth with deform sooner than the 113h main gear teeth.  you should be good for 15 pounds of drag, but i think not 20 pounds.