Gears

Started by PescadorPete, March 18, 2012, 06:17:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PescadorPete

Thought you might like to see the whole family:

Newell on the top, 4:1 Penn 113H 4/0, 4:1 Penn 500, 5:1 Penn 500
Accurate on the bottom 5:1 Penn 500, 4:1 Penn 113H 4/0, 3.25:1 Penn 114H 6/0
And before you ask, the answer is no, sorry.

Irish Jigger

Welcome to the site Pete, how about an auction? ;D ;D

Alto Mare

Welcome Pete! So, you're the guy that has been snatching these gears from me on eBay ;D ;D.
I know that you said no, but didn't specify what the no is for ;D. I could probably make you an offer that you can't refuse on the Accurate 114H, or you could let Bryan borrow them for a little while, this way you would be helping a lot of us here ;). Byan needs a set so he could take them to a machinist to duplicate for reference.
Be a hero Pete! ;D
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Bryan Young

Sal, it's called reference.  ;D
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Alto Mare

You're right Bryan, sorry it's 4:00am ;D
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Keta

Retro engenering.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Norcal Pescador

Quote from: PescadorPete on March 18, 2012, 06:17:50 AM
Accurate on the bottom ...... 3.25:1 Penn 114H 6/0
And before you ask, the answer is no, sorry.

:'( :'( :'(
Rob

Measure once, cut twice. Or is it the other way around? ::)

"A good man knows his limits." - Inspector Harry Callahan, SFPD

redsetta

I was lucky enough to get hold of a new set of Newell 5:1 for my Jigmaster last year, but damaged the pinion teeth (drilling out the ID for the bushing) before I'd even tried 'em.
Oh the disappointment... :-[
(PS This is a thinly veiled beg/request/appeal for a replacement, if anyone happens to have a spare kicking around.)  ;) ;D
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

Dominick

Pescador Pete:  You have heard of Karma.  It's basically what comes around goes around.  Loan the gear set to Bryan.  I want a set and there are a lot of guys that will jump at a chance for a set.  So by loaning (loaning means you'll get them back I will guarantee it) you will be doing a lot of members on the site a big favor.  Here is the deal.  Send the gears to Bryan and I will send you $150.00.  You hold the money and when you get the gears back you return the money.  So as Sal said above, "Be a hero Pete."  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Makule

Dominic has a good offer, and if I had the gears, I'd take him up on it quickly.  I'd get my gears back, plus have the potential to get more if Bryan can get them made.  It's a good win, win, win, situation.
I used to be in a constant state of improvement.  Now I'm in a constant state of renovation.

PescadorPete

I thought it would be fun to collect a whole set of these, probably took 2 or 3 years to find them all. I've been picking them up along the way when people lost interest in them and they weren't charging an arm and a leg for them.  Now that they have been 'eBayed' I couldn't afford them either.  I guess its my retirement plan  :D
Bryan, have you shown the machinist a set of accurate gears to see if he can do it?  If he just needs to see a set, I can pull the set of 4/0 out of my YTS I can loan you.  If he decides he can do it, we can work something out on lending the 6/0. The 4/0 construction is the same as the 6/0.

Irish Jigger

Quote from: redsetta on March 19, 2012, 03:29:16 AM
I was lucky enough to get hold of a new set of Newell 5:1 for my Jigmaster last year, but damaged the pinion teeth (drilling out the ID for the bushing) before I'd even tried 'em.
Oh the disappointment... :-[
(PS This is a thinly veiled beg/request/appeal for a replacement, if anyone happens to have a spare kicking around.)  ;) ;D

If you cannot pick up a Newell Pinion all is not lost as Penn 5:1 gear sets are still available for the 505HS Jigmasters.

Bryan Young

Thanks Pete.  I'm still away, and I'll contact you when I return.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Keta

Will you please post your address and when you will be out of the house?

Nice.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain