Thanks again Alan.

Started by Pelagic Playtime, March 18, 2012, 05:57:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pelagic Playtime

Today, I dedicated the morning hours to a complete tare-down and maintenance of my Tekota 500. I have never done this before.

I fired up your website, studied the tekota tutorial and then left it on my screen so I could refer to the pictures as needed.

Like they say in Jamaica, "No problem mon". ;)  It went off without a hitch. And no lost or broken parts because the tutorial showed me what to look out for.

This website is a gold mine.

Yesterday, I ordered up an Abu Garcia, Revo Toro Winch. And with the help of this website, I plan another complete tare-down and lube job before it tastes salt water. Any links you can provide for me here would make things go that much faster.

Again, thanks for all the information posted here on this website. :)

Pelagic Playtime.

Keta

Quote from: Pelagic Playtime on March 18, 2012, 05:57:01 PM
It went off without a hitch. And no lost or broken parts because the tutorial showed me what to look out for.

Good!

I still occasionally send the star drag detentes flying when I get in a hurry.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

alantani

glad you're worked out.  it's not always this easy!   ;D
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Nessie Hunter

Great job.....

If you get that Toro, check out the Kick Lever.   
They have an issue with Pot metal and premature wear....
Wont go back into gear after a cast & handle turn...

Look up the Tutorial on the Revo Inshore, Im sure you will see what Im talking about & pics of the old & new one thats available... 

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....
WOW!!! WHAT A RIDE!

Bryan Young

:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Pelagic Playtime

I've studied both the inshore and the Revo 60/61 tutorials and feel that I'm ready to tackle my new wench.

(Calicos, be afraid. Be very afraid).

The Revo 60/61 tutorial said that all the new Revo's come with the new kick lever so I won't need to worry about that.

Good fishing all.

Pelagic Playtime.