Powder coating rings

Started by Alto Mare, March 19, 2012, 10:44:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Irish Jigger

Justin,don't spoil the ship for a ha'peth of tar. ;) ;)   Lets have pics of the finished product, complete with PC rings. ;D

john2244

redsetta

Quote...don't spoil the ship for a ha'peth of tar...
Good call Tom - like the saying too. ;)
Will snap a pic tonight.
Cheers mate, Justin
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

Alto Mare

Thanks guys, I'm glad you got to see them. I might have to delete the pictures, I just realized that I used one of my wife's tablecloth  ::). Oh well.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

redsetta

QuoteI might have to delete the pictures, I just realized that I used one of my wife's tablecloths...
Looks like the fancy Christmas one, too!
Don't worry Sal, we won't tell - promise...  ;) ;D
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

Norcal Pescador

This business of trying to keep up with Sal is stressful: He keeps coming up with new projects. ;D
I've come to the conclusion that "the reel repair hobby-business" is 'the gift that keeps on giving'.
Kind of like a pregnant cat. :o
Rob

Measure once, cut twice. Or is it the other way around? ::)

"A good man knows his limits." - Inspector Harry Callahan, SFPD

Aiala

Quote from: Alto Mare on March 21, 2012, 10:43:04 PM
...I just realized that I used one of my wife's tablecloth  :).

As gleaming spotless as those rings/reels are, I wouldn't mind if they were sitting on my tablecloth!

~A~
I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D

harryk3616

hi    sal       glad to have you back, sorry for the circumstances.  once again you did fabulous work, fantastic.  the rings look great, but will the powder coating scratch off if your not careful?   my best to you and family.      harryk

Alto Mare

Thanks Harry! About the powder coat, Jamie (Broschro) or Dominick ( former Pescachaser ::) ) could answer your question better than I can, they really gave those a workout ....maybe they'll chime in.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

MFB

No man can lose what he never had.
                                                   Isaac Walton

Dominick

Quote from: Alto Mare on January 25, 2014, 04:15:34 PM
Thanks Harry! About the powder coat, Jamie (Broschro) or Dominick ( former Pescachaser ::) ) could answer your question better than I can, they really gave those a workout ....maybe they'll chime in.

Sal I can't talk about a workout.  I use reel covers carrying the rods and reels to the boat.  I also make sure they are not being banged around in the rod holders.  So for the most part my reels have very little boat rash.  After 8 days of fishing the Tank there are no scratches on the rings, but I did not bang them so I don't know how they will hold up.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Shark Hunter

That's the way we roll Dominick! ;D I keep all my reels padded up too, all the way to the beach! I need to have some custom covers made for my Big Senators. I wrap them up in a T-shirt and tie the sleeves together. :P
Life is Good!

LTM

Welcome back Sal, my prayers have been with you and your family!

Sal, the bling on these reels is "the business" brother  :o :o. I know you've sliped a couple of fingers through the rod clamp and wore one of these reels like a "giant ring", there pretty enough  ::). Ive got to talk to the coater to find out just how durable the treatment is. My fishing friends already kid me about the condition of my gear, if I pop a reel cover off on deck and expose something they may just go wild and jump overboard from all the bling (for I'll fish the reel)  :o. Nothing like mixing engineering and art, they make one hell of a combination!!!  Sal, we are merely shadows of your reflection Man  ;D.

You da Man,

Leo

broschro

going on two years with some of my gray powder coated Rings,on one of my tanks. I to am careful with me gear but stuff happens some times,they r holding up Awesome and I fish two to three times a month.on my phone right now so can't put up any pics.give me a few days and I will.going fishing in the morning.

LTM

Broschoro,

My hats off to you for the fantastic powder coat job, just fantastic! I'll PM you to get more details and prices.

Great work,

Leo