Ultrasonic Cleaner Solutions?

Started by CoastieFlo, March 20, 2012, 07:28:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CoastieFlo

Got my US cleaner today, now im trying to figure out a good cleaner/de-greaser solution.  Anyone have any suggestions?  The Dollar Tree has some 'Awesome Orange' or something like that cleaner in big refill bottles..pretty cheap if that works good.  Any ideas would be appreciated...thanks/

alantani

green soap!  don't use machine dishwashing detergent or laundry degtergent.  they have sodium carbonate and will eat right through the anodizing. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

JGB

Simple Green with warm water. cuts most grease and dirt and seems to be safe for plastics.
Jim N.

BMITCH

I use an US cleaner sold through McMaster made by L&R. It's an oil base cleaner and rinse. Seems to do alright with plastic, but if brass is left in for too long it will discolor it. After using the cleaner then to a separate US with rinse solution then a run under HOT water to remove the remaining residue. Blow off the parts and your ready to grease and put back together. The fluid needs to be collected and brought to Haz. Waste collection when dirty. This can be a bit of a hassle, but this stuff does an excellent job on cutting grease and grime.

Bob
luck is the residue of design.

Ken_D

Everybody's got a pet process. Whatever works best in the work zone (or lack of) that's both economical, and efficient. I use varsol first, then a bath in the u/s cleaner which is filled with boiling water, off the teakettle and a solution of common dish detergent. I put whatever's on sale: Blue Dawn, Ajax, Palmolive. About a tablespoon.

Then a rinse in plain 140° hot tap water. Then into the oven at 200 to dry. Or if it's summer, outside on the deck to air dry.

BMITCH

The oven at 200 is a great idea. That one is going to be put onto the sequence. Thanks

Bob
luck is the residue of design.