Greased carbon fibre/carbontex drag stack and timeline between fresh is applied?

Started by Fish-aholic, March 20, 2012, 10:41:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alantani

just leave the star buttoned down.  they will work great!  it is also not a problem to go through and inspect your reel.  or you could just yank on the line and see if the drag is still smooth.  chances are it will be for a very long time!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Brendan

If you watch the Shimano tutorials, they tell you to lightly grease the drag washers. If you follow that thought as I have, you will notice that the washers absorb a lot of the Cal's that was applied. I have done very little in the way of controlled testing like some of the pros on this site, but realize new washers absorb the grease to the point where they almost dry out. The second coat seems to last. Again no real data to back me up, just an observation. If it ever feels less than perfect, clean and apply more Cal's.
     Tight Lines, Brendan.

Fishnmike

Quote from: alantani on March 22, 2012, 11:57:58 PM
just leave the star buttoned down.  they will work great!  it is also not a problem to go through and inspect your reel.  or you could just yank on the line and see if the drag is still smooth.  chances are it will be for a very long time!

So Alan are you saying you shouldn't loosen the drag between trips? This is counter to what I have always been told.

alantani

correct.  with carbon fiber and teflon grease, the drags can stay buttoned down forever and you will never have a problem.  the stuff works that well!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!