Butterworth Rods

Started by mahalalololo, March 22, 2012, 04:00:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mahalalololo

Around maybe 1988 I once saw a advert on Butterworth rods. This rods I can remember was not only long but also had not 15 guides but also had double a normal rod had. Anyone heard of these Rods. I have a Carp Book from England 1991 but nothing mentioned.

Taily

I have a Butterworth 3.1m 5-12 kg medium-heavy action rod as per what you describe. Seemingly a good rod blank and, for the most part in reasonable condition granted its age and use in the past. Owing to the number of guides it isn't a powerhouse casting rod but I used mine for fishing rockwall drop-offs, where the length and grunt in the rod blank was useful.

The first runner is around 4.5-5 feet up the rod and isn't exactly over sized either. Not sure where the rods were made but remember seeing a lot of them in the late 80's/early 90's in tackle shops around where I lived and used to holiday on the east coast of Australia at that time.

The butt section (between me and the reel seat) was a good length for me, but others (without my gorilla arms) found it uncomfortable to fish with for and great length of time. Didn't worry me though.... ;D 
Nunc est bibendum....

Dave Bentley

Originally built by Len Butterworth in Qeensland on the East coast of Australia.
Len passed away in 2009 aged 94.
Only believe that which you know to be true.