luna 253 bearing size

Started by lordisgod, March 22, 2012, 06:18:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lordisgod

Hello all, well last night was my first breakdown and rebuild!! well it took me about 3 hours!!! lol.
i did mess up and removed the shields from bearing number 48 wich is the spool tension control bearing that sits on the handle side.  so once i realized what i did i packed it with grease. now i want to order a new one. does anyone know the size?? Also. i want to get orange seals for the spool bearings but boca does not have the reel model on their list... does anyone here have the size for those?    btw. i think i overgreased the gears lol.. its smooth but with a little tension. would going back to wipe off excess grease help? or do need to degrease everything and start from scratch?
thanks !!!

Nessie Hunter

http://www.daiwa.com/PartsDiagram/PartsDiagram/TDLUNA203-253.pdf

What You have is a Pinion Bearing there, not a spool bearing.   
The Luna has Super Free Spool.
(Shaft does not go through Pinion Gear)...

Removing the Cover is fine, I, and many others do it all the time.(makes for easy cleaning & service)..
It should not effect freespool at all...   

I would think you may have Grease in some other area or on the Spool Bearings, that will slow it down a bunch, also check Spool contact with frame for any grease & clean it up..

Make sure there is no grease in the Spool bearings also, just light oil....

Congrats on the first rebuild....  Good job...  :)

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....
WOW!!! WHAT A RIDE!

lordisgod