Handle Upgrade?

Started by SoCalAngler, March 23, 2012, 04:49:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SoCalAngler

Does anyone know if the handle from the new Fathom reels will fit a 525 mag and if so will the handle nut also be a direct swap out?

intili

Highly doubt that, a cheap upgrade is a daiwa handle, bougt 4 from some guy on ebay for like $13 ea. They are nice 2 position with torpedo style knob. Daiwa SL handle description in search should get you there!

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

SoCalAngler

I would not call it square, it is more rectangular. Here is a pic of the stock handle that I got from another web site.

Thanks for any help, most likely I will give Penn a call when I get off work early enough before they close.

"Edited as per Moderators to correct Scott's Bait & Tackle over to their new store name Mystic Reel Parts / www.mysticparts.com"

Keta

The shaft on my Fathom 25N is square.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

SoCalAngler

I talked to Penn today and you guys were correct the Fathom handle will not work on the 525mag but the Torque handle is a strait swap out. All you need is part #1229501 which is the handle arm and knob. The nut, nut cap and and locking screw will swap over from the old handle to the new handle.