Penn 49 Click Tongue: Fixated

Started by Ken_D, March 24, 2012, 07:27:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ken_D

Hi, Folks, re the above. I have pretty much zero familiarity with the Penn line, except the 320/330/340/345, and the odd 209/309.

The 49 I have, has the click tongue riveted to the side plate. Other than buying a new sideplate all rigged up, will there be a clicker and button from another reel that can be made to fit.  Looking at later variants of the 49 (349,etc), I see that Penn allowed replacement of the clicker, but I would not know if these later parts fit.

Thanks, Ken.

Alto Mare

Hello Ken, I was passing by and saw your post at SOL. Yes the clicker toungue is replaceable. You will need to file down the riveted area and it will come right out. MysticParts.com has them in stock, the part # is 35-60 and 36-60 CH. Sal

"Edited as per Moderators to correct Scott's Bait & Tackle over to their new store name Mystic Reel Parts / www.mysticparts.com"
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Ken_D

Kewl. As we northern BC Canucks would have said in the 80s: Beauty, eh !!!  Today we would say right-on.   Thanks a ton, Sal... appreciated. Off I go to send Moe a note !!  Cheers, KD.

Oh yeah: I thought I would put a post on both coasts... someone across the land would know, and you knew!!  kd.