My Penn 118 Stand is different

Started by dogdad1, March 25, 2012, 12:38:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dogdad1

Yeah, it may be 2-5/16" at that.  Couldn't find my gauge right off, so I was using a ruler instead.  I shoulda been more precise.

Any concerns with drilling new holes in the stand?
"Few things are quite as dangerous or unpredictable as an Engineer with too much time on his hands". - unknown

Keta

The replacement part is no longer made and is not cheep.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

dogdad1

Hmmm, that would be a big concern!   :o
"Few things are quite as dangerous or unpredictable as an Engineer with too much time on his hands". - unknown

Alto Mare

Ron, send that stand to Lee and in tha meantime get yourself one of these:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/110825353354?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649
This clamp is much better than the original, it's stainless steel.
If you wanted to take a chance and do it yourself, go for it. If it doesn't work out and you still need a 16/0, I'll sell you the one in the tutorial  ;).
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Keta

If you want to, mail it to me I'll do it free, if it's before halibut season starts in May I can get right on it.  My "boss" called last month and he wants me to be his full time deckhand this year, after May things will only get done when I'm home.  During  September send it to La Paz, BCS MX.  If you have some small pieces of wood and a vice streightening the base is an easy job.

Here's the slave ship, http://www.offshoreadventurescharter.com/   hopefully Captain Pex will sell the current boat and get an easier boat for me to babysit the clients on before next season (not really, we have some good customers/friends that fish with us, some are even helpful).  The current boat kills my bad legs and it's space limited on the deck, 1/2 as much room as the deck on my long lost and much shorter 28' Tolley.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

redsetta

Quote...he wants me to be his full time deckhand this year.
Congrats Lee - sounds like a great opportunity.
Hope it all works out, Justin
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

Alto Mare

Yes congratulation Lee, just don't overstay your welcome...I need you back at the shop ;) ;D
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Norcal Pescador

Quote from: Alto Mare on March 26, 2012, 11:59:27 PM
Yes congratulation Lee, just don't overstay your welcome...I need you back at the shop ;) ;D

X2. ;D ;D   Good to hear Lee. Hope you have a good summer. 8)
Rob

Measure once, cut twice. Or is it the other way around? ::)

"A good man knows his limits." - Inspector Harry Callahan, SFPD

alantani

figure the stand will flex a little, which is what it's already done.  you could straighten it out, but it would just flex again.  i would not worry about it, as long as the spool doesn't start to rub anywhere.  

lee, i was going to tell you to start a new post on your summer job, but i decided to make you a new board. http://alantani.com/index.php?board=43.0 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!